1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOULD THERE BE AN AMATEUR CLASS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Neil Winston, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

This should be a lot easier than the "PROFESSIONAL CLASS" posted by Gary. After all, we are voting from experience, most of us anyway.

Again, as in Gary's thread, I demand a simple "yes" or "no." Understand that you could never play any options or accept any added money, but the way most of us shoot, that's kind of a non-issue, don't you think?

Trophies would be purchased from a non-challengable fund financed by a 9-9-9 formula based on entry fees . Nine percent of the entrants would get a trophy no matter how they shot; nine percent of money would be sent to directly to Taiwan to pay for trophies of their choice; nine percent would accrue to the EC slush fund.

It's win-win from my point of view. I solicit your favorable consideration.

Neil

2. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Is there a Ladies category?

3. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I think there should be a Sub Amateur Class.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Shelve all that crap....just have Compulsory Money....

Curt

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Bizzare that an organization whose name BEGINS with "Amateur" would need such a class.

7. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

You forgot $9.00 trophy made in China.

8. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Neil get back to your book.You have too much time on your hands!

Terry Dean

9. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Wow, smsnyder, you must be the envy of all your shooting peers!!!!! :)

Those Chinese are some craftsmen.

John E.

P.S. Neil, that was some tasty bait you threw out on this one.

10. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey Earl,

When are you going to take that trophy out of it's wrapper so we can get a good look at it?

Ed Yanchok

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes, but, with the option of taking the added money if my score is good enough that day.like Olympic athletes the money can be put in a fund that I can draw from to pay for my practice and travel expenses.

12. Annie Get Your Gun

Annie Get Your Gun Member

Earl, I really think you should vounteer for a trophy committee and look for trophies. Maybe then we could judge how you choose trophies with a limited budget and a trophy for all. While your at it make sure that you choose something that everyone wants! Diane/ANNIE OAKLEY'S

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

"Again, as in Gary's thread, I demand a simple "yes" or "no."" OK, yes or no and no or yes.

Once upon a time in a far away land most ATA shooters and newbies had that (Amateur) perception of our sport. Maybe the question should be; (what's needed to bring back that same perception?) Arguing over a Professional class of shooters or Industry Representatives is nothing more than key board clatter and writing ability contests. 6th grade political ploys at best?

When baffling them with your brilliance no longer works, buffalo them with BS seems to be the flavor of the day.

Hap

14. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I don't care what you call it I just want a place to shoot heads up against a bunch who doesn't whine and cry and make stupid excuses when they don't get a trophy for shooting mediocre, on the other hand if I do happen to shoot really well and better than everyone else I want something pretty nice to remember it by. I'm just a competitor so I vote for a competitor class.

15. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

16. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

when myself and the other "PRO's" shoot, we have a standing bet...$.25 per bird, not much, but it keeps the riff raff out of the competition.

tony

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

funny, Tony.

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

No, we already have one.

19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We have an AMATEUR CLASS that has what I will call PROs only because they use this sport to earn a living or pay their way with their earnings in sales of guns, giving lessons, recieving guns from Mfgrs at no charge, and have Shell companies deliver shells to their homes, don't tell me this doesn't happen as I personally know it happens or happened to one shooter here in Ohio who is now deceased, they were REMINGTON SHELLSand I won't name him or others that have recieved shells, IT HAPPENS more than we know.

It ceases to become AMATEUR in these cirumstances.

If a shooter earns a $1,000,000 million dollars but still buys his guns and shells, let's say in the STEEL or OIL business and he shoots registered targets he is still an amateur.

But if a shooter earns money giving lessons, gets guns, shells, etc that the normal average shooter does not get, he is a PROFFESSIONAL or INDUSTRY.

A well known shooter was an AMATEUR, he went to work for WANDA SHELLS and became INDUSTRY REP, into the INDUSTRY RANKS, when he left WANDA SHELLS it took 6 mos to drop back as an amateur.

Things have changed with the different ECs over the years and most to the worse,
    I will give them credit for the INTERUPPTERS being required.

The SHELL SPEED,the 2 hole targets were very very, bad changes to say the least.

NEIL You insult your intelligence with this posting, to say the least.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

YES

PS. Earl, bring that trophy to FL for me .. I want to hang it on the front of my house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.