1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOULD THERE BE A REDNECK CLASS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    For duck hunters, riot guns, camo, etc.?

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Now I'm sure its going to be a long, long, long winter. break em all Jeff

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They already do. It's called sporting clays. {:eek:)

4. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

You know ur a redneck when you smash ur gun against the tree because its a break open gun. Dam Im killin me..lmao I otta be on stage..the first one outta town..Dont worry Ill be here all night
    Chris

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Break open gun!!!! Sheesh....

Hope u have a day job! Lol

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

You might be a redneck if you pull into the parking lot driving a 1980-vintage F-150 beater with two Krieghoff crown grades in the back.

Never did understand that and I see it all the time with guys driving absolute crap rust buckets, but take out super high-end guns to shoot. And I am not talking the basic models, these are the fully engraved with gold inlays.

7. high 2

high 2 Member

vpr80,it`s a good thing I drive a "64" chevy short bed, or I`d think you were making fun of me!!

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Minor correction, I am not talking about restored classics or originals in mint condition. I am talking about vehicles that look to be a danger on the road.

PS - How about a picture of that '64?

9. earlybird

earlybird TS Member

This kind of hurts my feelings. One of my buds has two (count'em TWO) pickups. He rightly observed that the newer, better one qualified for the cash for clunkers program.

10. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Yep seen that, his first truck, mid 70', mostly rust, bib overalls and shooting a grade VI Browing with leather tooled hard case, with gun clubs shells from Wally-World... nothing but dust when he shoots... go figure... Grubby

11. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

How about this?

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Trucks rust away, K-80's just get better!

13. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Well, if we are going to have a "Redneck" class then we must have one for the "Yuppies" too. Those are the guys who drive up in their high end vehicles, pull out their gold inlayed shotguns, shoot nothing but store bought high end shells and then can't hit the ground.. LOL.. Fair is only fair..

14. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

A vehicle depreciates, eventually, to nothing.

A crown grade Kriggy depreciates, eventually, to maybe 60% of new cost. Then, with the help of inflation, they increase in value as measured in dollars. I bought used ones which were already depreciated.

Me? I drive a Ford Ranger p/u and have two crown grade Kriggys. (But then, I've never denied I'm a redneck, either.) Seriously, I sure enjoy having my guns.

Mike

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I have a feeling that we already have a Redneck class! They are usually found in the Winners Circle.
    Joe

16. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

You just might be a Redneck if your vehicle of choice, or your driving style, as seen or reported at the gunclub is:

1. A late model Duramax with a Dana 60 front axle replacement if it's a 4x4 or set up for drag racing if it's a 2x4.

2. Or...any Dodge diesel with the muffler removed.

3. A younger Redneck driving a late model Toyota Tundra with two primered and replacement front fenders.

4. Driving from Fresno to Reno for a trapshoot, you just can't resist taking the Rubicon trail for a diversion/shortcut in your 1974 F-150 4x4 that runs a torquey, but smokey and tired 460 FMC engine.

5. No matter the make or configuration of truck you drive, you decided to buy and hang a set of novelty plastic bull testicles from the trailer hitch.

6. A very worn out Winnebego "Mini Winnie" with a lot of duct tape on various exterior seams. The vehicle has an oxy-welded-on gunrack on the rear and bent rear bumper and the weld has been gray primered to prevent rust. That rack usually holds your beautiful and home-shop-tuned 870's or Beretta 300 series trap-configured guns that you converted from their field versions. You also let your 60 lb. "Bitsa" dogs eat inside the vehicle. ("Bitsa" German Shepard, bitsa Collie etc.) Your backyard has more than one very greasy Mo-Par 360 cores, a rack of Torqueflight cores, and truck axle assemblies that you plan to tear down "one day" and see what's what. Your neighbors have tactfully complained about the mess and smell of burned trans fluid, but feel bad for you thinking that you are very bucks down despite huge and hidden pot shoot and calcutta winnings over many years.

17. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

so let's see

A rust bucket for a ride and a K-80.......seams to me that his priorities are in order.

18. releasebob

releasebob Member

If you have ever been to a meat shoot in the northwest you would know that the class does exist.BOB

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    vpr80, quote: <i>"You might be a redneck if you pull into the parking lot driving a 1980-vintage F-150 beater with two Krieghoff crown grades in the back.

Never did understand that and I see it all the time with guys driving absolute crap rust buckets, but take out super high-end guns to shoot. And I am not talking the basic models, these are the fully engraved with gold inlays."</i>

It's called priorities. I've often gone varmint hunting or even plinking with a pile of guns and ammo that add up to vastly more than my Land Cruiser, and it wasn't a cheap rig.

Down south, it's pretty common to see a pickup, trailer and bass boat parked in a drive that cost more than the house or more typically a double wide.

20. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

How about a Stumpjumper class as shot st Quinton Sportsmens Club?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.