1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Should there BE a Private Sector?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by crusha, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Some of you will find this hard to believe, but I heard it with my own ears:

Friday night 3/26/10, on the NPR (National Communist Radio) Marketplace show, as I was driving home from work, they had a couple talking heads on there commenting on the near future of our economy. One of them, some ditzy-sounding chick, stated at the end of the interview something to the effect of, "...We're moving toward the theoretically perfect economy, where every job is a Government job, which I look forward to!"

Now, I know you're saying, "Nothing unusual, buzz." Typical leftist academic opinion. And I agree, and gave it little consideration - until they identified who she was after she signed off:

SHE WAS THE CHIEF EQUITIES TRADER AT T. ROWE PRICE.

Note: I didn't say bond trader - EQUITIES trader!

Someone who makes their (pretty decent I bet) living off trading stocks, just said she hopes the Private Sector ceases to exist someday?

What? Did I get that right? (I sat there baffled with my engine running in the driveway for about 10~20 seconds, just trying to make sure I wasn't dreaming...but it was real).

Unbelieveable.

Does anyone know who this chick is - and how did she pass her job interview?

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Buzzy listening to NPR?? So you're the one? Last time I checked the Arbitron ratings NPR was a few points behind the testing of the emergency broadcast system in listernship.

NPR? Really? Knowing this, it wouldn't surprise me if we click on the tv someday and there is buzzy carrying a sign at an SEIU rally.

Say it isn't so. LOL

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bis, you're obviously a teabagger and a republican imperialist pig born with a silver spoon in your mouth...go back to listening to Faux News.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Oh, Buzz, Buzz,

First, the talker from T. Rowe Price was the man, Andy Brooks. The lady was Heidi Moore.

Buzz, she was joking. It's in the last minute of the program. Just click on "listen to this story," wait a bit, and use the slider to drop in near the end. I think it's that fact that she laughs - they all do in fact - that was intended to tell you that her speech was ironic. I know you count on the graphics in most of the shows you watch to tell you all this subtle stuff - "IRONY" "HYPERBOLE" "SATIRE" or "SERIOUS"- and in fact it it did flash across the faceplate of your Blaupunkt, (at least it did across mine), but I guess you missed it.

Neil

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Neil,

I stand corrected on the identification of the speaker.

But I listened again, and you commies are still not convincing me about her laughter! The passage in question occurs at about 12:10 in the 28:55 audio file attached at the link. I'll let the good readers here listen and draw their own conclusions (as Neil says, listen a moment, then drag the slider to the spot).

So stick that in your Czech stereo & crank it!

6. Neil Winston

By the by. Brooks is the "Chief Equities trader at T/ Rowe Price in Baltimore."

But this is TS.com, so I guess

"SHE WAS THE CHIEF EQUITIES TRADER AT T. ROWE PRICE."

is close enough for government work.

Buzz, this doesn't even pass the truthiness test!

Neil

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

So now we find out that NPR has 2 listerners: Buzzy, and Neil, anybody else want to add their name to the list?

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Literalist, check your PM...you've got 5 from Neil in there.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Lit, we already knew about you.

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

This is too much. I've got to admit listening to NPR coming down through Maine from NB sometmes. Not a lot on the air up there sometimes you know. LOL, Bob

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Lit,

Just make sure you deliverance Bluegrass types clear the stink out of the room in time for my Celtic music hour to come on at 3PM Sunday. I listen with my CAT sitting in my lap, by the way.

(Actually, I'm getting to where I can't stand the show anymore...they play good up-tempo traditional fiddle tunes the first 5 minutes to lure you in...then they start all this ponderous, murky contemporary "singer and songwriter" crap for the rest of the hour, at which point I'm the hell outta there).

12. Neil Winston

According to the Lit, (and surely he should know), in an effort to be "lisner-friendly" the Missouri NPR outlets even translate their radio faceplate clues of what's going on into the local dialect. The readouts on the receivers down there announce "ierny," "satar," and "serius." They were going to work on "hyperbole," but realized that there was little point since it would be assumed to be a championship football game.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.