1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Should the ATA have . . . .

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 9point3, Jul 23, 2013.

1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

I know I will probably catch hell for asking if the ATA could do more but here I go anyway.

Do you think that the ATA should have scores available on line for their shoots? I am talking State, Zone, and Grands in all forms.

I don't think it is right that we need to go to a 3rd party to find out results of these events.

What do y'all think?

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I presume you will pick up the added expense so the rest of us who are satisfied with the way things are at the moment won't have to.:)

3. 9point3

As it stands right now, one can't even go to the ATA site and find a link to the scores of the above mentioned events.

There is a section on the site called "results" but it hasn't been touched since 2009.

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The results for the three Zone shoots that happened last weekend are at the link above.

What is it you don't like about that?

5. 9point3

That is a great link, Is it on the ATA web site?

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

They can put a link to on there if they want.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

9.3, what was the ATA's answer when you posed this question to them??

inquiring minds want to know..

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

And when you ask them, tell them you want the webmasters job.

'Cuz it sounds like that's what you're fishing for.

9. 9point3

I figured I would find out if trap shooters would want it before I would mention it to the web master.

As I assumed, many trapshooters don't like change. I guess if print media was fine for the last umpteen years, it will be ok for ever.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Plus, the clubs where the shoots are being held also need to be on board. They are usually a bit hesitant to dish out a bunch of extra cash for an un-needed extra. Someone also has to be at the shoot to enter the scores to this system you are proposing as well. I assume you will volunteer to travel to all the notable shoots to accomplish this? On your dime of course. There is a reason RJ Staurt was paid what he was paid for giving real time scores.

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Almost all the information you mentioned is available on the web.

I just gave you a link to more information about the three Zone shoots last weekend than you would have ever gotten in any print media. And it was all available essentially as it happened.

But, apparently, that's not good enough.

12. 9point3

All I was doing was looking for the results of last years Alaska State Trapshoot. Results are not easily found. I thought I might look at the ATA web site as I have seen a results section. Nothing posted. So I started this thread.

I asked, and I have gotten an answer, There is no need for the ATA to have results from major shoots listed on their website. All I need to do is go to a third party web site to find results from past events.

Sorry I upset the apple cart and asked a question.

13. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Why don't you ask the Alaska State Association rather than posting your question on a third party site?

14. 9point3

I looked on the Alaska site and there was nothing for last year.

I just thought it would be a nice idea to find out if you guys think the ATA should provide a place where all this info could be accessed from one spot. Its not like state, zone and grand results aren't sent in already.

I do not know why you guys need to be so argumentative when all I did was ask a question regarding an idea that seems to make sense.

Its not like I was suggesting we give everybody a two yard reduction or we introduce a pro-class.

15. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

And it's not like you have a good grasp of who runs these shoots. Let's start there.

16. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Nobody is being argumentative. The nature of this medium is such that the only way to find out what a person means is to ask questions.

In the course of asking questions we've now determined that your real question is "why doesn't the Alaska State Association have the results from their 2012 shoot posted on their website." And that is a question best asked of the Alaska State Association.

When you find out the answer, be sure to come back to this third party website and post it.

17. 9point3

Who runs a grand, state shoot or zone shoot has nothing to do with the fact that the results are already sent in to Trap & Field and it wouldn't take much to forward them on the the ATA.

I just find it a bit illogical when looking for ATA results that one would need to go to a third party web site. Of course they should be at each state level web sight (at least a link )

I know that many local clubs don't have the resources to send in complete results.

The fact that Alaska doesn't have last years results is not the issue, it is a symptom.

Shouldn't we at least be able to find the results of the Grand American on the ATA web site?

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

A great deal of ATA is volunteer. Get it done. Do it. Quit relying on others to do it. Just like Dr.Longshot. Tons of ideas but doesn't want to get off his duff and do it.

19. hera200

hera200 Member

WOW!! You guys are a tough audience for a guy that was just asking a question!! ....BUD

20. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Agree with hera200. Some of the replies sound as much
    defensive as argumentative.

Wonder why?