1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I buy a used Ljutic?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

I've gotten back into trapshooting after a long layoff and have decided to buy a used Ljutic. I would like to ask the forum for recommendations on any particular model to avoid or if there is a model I should strive for. I've noticed that for some reason unknown to me, the initial depreciation on Ljutics seems to be higher that other "high end" trapguns. Can someone explain this to me. Ljutics seem to built like tanks and the few that I've tried seem to fit me quite well. As always, I value the recommendations of the forum members a lot.

Mike

2. Cooter

Cooter Member

Mike,The choice of a used Ljutic is a wise one.You get a lot of bang for you dollar,I would stay with the mono type guns and because it will be used you can shoot it before you buy it.Hope this helps.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Very good move A use LJutic Mono Mid Rib 34 inch . A nice used gun should be bought for less then $3,500 .

4. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

Mike talk to Doug at Shotgun Specialties. He has a couple of used Ljutics,at very resonable prices. I deal with him all the time,will not get any better. You can e-mail me with any questions.
    Glenn

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The best gun to buy used, and the worst to buy new.

ss

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

If you can find an X-73 they are usually a good bit less $$'s than a Mono and are mechanically very similar...and they last forever...

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Make sure you shoot it first.

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Ljutic is the best used SBT gun under 3000.00 a TM1 best used SBT under 2000.00 BT 99 best used SBT under 1000.00 My advice is to shoot it first that is the nicest thing about buying used.
    Buddy

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've got a Ljutic 73 for sale, as soon as I get it back from having the Shiozaki stock refinished, another 2 weeks or so. 2000 delivered. s/n 10xx

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If it shoots where and how you want

And of course if it is mechanically right

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

You won`t be sorry. Mine was built in 1967, Ljutic 111, I`m the 3rd owner and few things have gone wrong . Very well made .

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

As a price guide the serial numbers are close 2500 Ser#= $2500 Ser# 3537= $3500, the low serial #s like 727 =$1200 to $1500

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Mike, I would highly recommend a Ljutic. It might take a few thousand shots to get it right, but after that you will not want to part with it. Make sure it fits you correctly. I have seen them priced as low as $2500 on here. I have had mine for 3-1/2 years, came with very fancy wood, 2 bbls, release & pull triggers. Built in 1967. I am the 4th owner. You won't need to take a back-up gun to shoots. The whole gun consists of only about 50 parts. Hope this helps. Larry Evans

14. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Dr. Longshot how much would a Ljutic Dynokic sn 19x be worth?
    Don

15. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The mid rib has better resale value than the standard rib but you can also buy the standard rib cheaper. See Joel Etchens website if you are interested in a standard rib.

16. dshot

dshot Member

excellent value, used Ljutic sale cheap and or great guns and will shoot for a life time, with very few moving parts, most you can replace yourself

17. andybull

andybull Active Member

I purchased a new gun from Ljutic back in the early '80s for around $2,400.00 (I think). When I sold the gun I sold it for more than I paid for it new. I now own a One Touch I bought used, I could not find one for under $6,500.00, when I thought I would shoot Trap again, (I have it for sale since I haven't shot Trap since '92 and won't be shooting Trap for a while)so I don't think they loose their value if you keep them for a while.

Andy

18. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

TONS of Ljutics out there. Cabelas has alot of them priced right.

19. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'll offer one suggestion: Stay away from the LTX and the Dynokic models.

MONO GUN is the only one to buy. It's the best thing they make, and it's bulletproof.

20. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

What's wrong with the LTX Models?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ljutic for sale
ljutic ltx used

should i buy a ljutic