1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

should i buy a new gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hossman, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hossman

hossman TS Member

how many would by a new p or k gun or something simalar when they are shooting there present gun really well hi 90s average

2. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

I think most trapshooters is ready to trade at the drop of a hat !!!

3. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Keep your gun, buy a spelling checker.

4. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

If you are asking the question, I would suspect that your already halfway to your final selection. I watched a good shooter score a 96/100 last week with a H&R single shot, non-ribbed, and short barreled gun. The better gun probably won't improve your scores as much as better concentration, but it sure will give you a warm and fuzzy feeling.

5. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

hossman - go for it!

38-01615

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Buy the new gun but do not expect it to magically improve your scores.

Pat Ireland

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

how about you reward yourself at 100str8? keep that old gun though, you may need to go back to it.

8. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Can't say or do better than PerazziBigBore just did. How many others have you actually had the chance to shoot? Besides the mechanicals, there is a world of difference between shooting a MX-3 Special and a K-80. And neither one of them is like a Seitz or Bowen. I know people who swear by model 12s although those guns beat the crap out of me. But that is my point, we are all different and how you take to a gun is not universal. Why are there so many really nice and relatively new guns for sale? So if you gotta have one, make sure you buy it used so you won't have to eat the depreciation if it turns out to be just another gun.

9. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

No man needs more than one gun. Anything else is a distraction. Jake

10. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

One should NEVER have "score" for a reason to buy a new gun. You should have many other reasons before that. You would not be the first shooter I haved watched buy a new gun and go down the drain.........This would be a good time time to write down your goals..............

GS

11. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I believe in a backup gun. One that is basicly similar as the first one. As I have experienced in new guns they are stiffer in there action and need to be shot often to work this out. I have three Remington 870's. One is much newer than the first one and is very stiff in the action. As I shoot it it is getting to where it is managable. But New to used. Look close at the used ones. I have one that is used,this is the third 870. I paid 175.00 for it. shoots great but it is a little on the stiff side compaired to the one I use most of the time. The new one I shoot at least 50 rounds through it when I go out to practice shoot. This is to get the smootheness going in it. That will take about 10 to 15 thousand more rounds through it. Oh BTW, the main 870 has around 40,000 rounds through it. Rich(inPeoris,Az.)

12. spritc

spritc Active Member

Hell yes buy a new gun, but make it a Kolar and never look back.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.