1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Clinton Challenge Obama in Dem Primary?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bushmaster1313, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

I think Hillary Clinton should challenge President Obama for the Democratic nomination in the 2012 election.

I would hold my nose, register Democrat and vote for her in the primary.

Lou

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

U gotta be kiddin! ! !

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Don't underestimate Hitlery. She will be a formidable opponent. Especially since she's been working on her international bona fides. I strongly doubt Palin could defeat her, and that's even with a strong base of disgust against the Dems.

4. KenC

KenC Member

I think the best strategy now is against Obama, especially if he continues to #^@* things up the way he has. Having Hillary get the nomination would be giving the Dems an undeserved SECOND chance.

Hillary might win. I've heard so many disgusted Democrats say "If only Hillary had dumped Bill when he was unfaithful to her (with Monica), she [Hillary] would be President today."...And I believe that!

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Keep an eye on Hillary....she's not with Obie and Slick Willy yet!!

and Brian nailed that one!

Curt

6. Bushmaster1313

Imagine the Obama campaign slogan:

"Vote Obama because a vote for Clinto is like voting for Bush/Cheney"

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

This would be the WORST thing that could possibly happen. I think KenC has it absolutely right. The last thing in the world we want, is to present the voters with an option of how to get Obama out of office that doesn't involve electing a Republican.

The Hillary primary challenge isn't going to happen - but consider what might happen if it did:

White Democrats who have begrudgingly come to dislike Obama's performance, would suddenly have a new "spark" of excitement, a new reason to vote Democrat again. It would be like buying a new trap gun when the old one doesn't "work" anymore (when what you really need is lessons). "Bush was bad, and Obama was worse - but Clinton will be better than either of them!"

To these ignorant, red-neck white Union voters - this could be marketed as the "best of all possible worlds." Let's not give them that choice. They rode the Negroid Muslim horse into town - now let them shovel out his barn stall.

The Republican Party that will be poised for victory in 2016, will be the most Right-Wing, conservative organization any of us has seen in our lifetimes. The Obama Tsunami swept a lot of squishy RINOs out of office. After 5 years of double-digit unemployment under Democrats, it will be the hard-core Right Wing Republicans from the safe districts who survived all this mess, who will hold all the leadership positions when we get the majority back.

Just you wait, folks. There is an ugly, ugly, ugly Right Wing cabal poised to come back into power in 6~7 years. It will be worth the wait.

8. Bushmaster1313

So, the best scenario would be an unsuccessful run by Clinton that would weaken Obama and soften him up for a Republican.

Sort of what Ted Kennedy did to Jimmy Carter.

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

She ain't going to do it.

Obama is the one who put her in the Farm League to polish up her foreign-policy credentials for 2016. She will polish her resume, and wait her turn, politely. The party will SAVAGE her if she does anything else.

(Now - if North Korea, the Middle East, etc. become a festering shit-hole during her tenure as Sec.of St. - THAT would help us out. It's going to happen, anyway - so why not let miss "I Refuse to Give My Husband a BJ" take the blame for it?).

10. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Vote for Hillary....NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Barry will be DOA @ the polls.

Let them bring in anybody they want but NEVER HILLARY.

I'd chew my arm off first.

11. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

I understand that Hilary has offered to pay for new shells at the Grand for anyone that wants them and if they want reloads, she will ask Pat Ireland to crank out a few more of his. Obama as usual is neutral to the new/reload Grand American Question.

BG

12. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Boys,
    It's pretty darn easy to see how REALLY REALLY terrible things have gotten in our country when folks are considering HILLARY to be the "reasonable" choice...!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.