1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOULD ANYONE ELSE GET INVOLVED?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    recently i wrote about my 25 year old newphew. he has been married 3 years, both are marquette graduates. they got married 1 day before graduation. her father was not happy she was getting married, as he was previously divorced when he was young. her half brother was divorced, as well as her only aunt. they started to accept my newphew over the 3 years. they purchased a condo, have been trying to sell it with no offers at this time. not much equity in the property after the broker takes his commision. my newphew thought she was happy being married to him. they would take numerous vacations over the past three years. in 3 years they were able to pay off one of his student loans, they paid $18,000 cash for a car. they both wanted to have no other bills, except the condo payment. they had $18,000.00 in the bank. in november, my newphew's employer told him because he was in the non profit sector, his pay depended on a grant. for the first time in 6 years, the grant did not come through and they told him his last day would be 12-31-07. they agreed that they would visit other cities to see if they would like to live there, and look for jobs. they went to washington d.c. were non profit is big, came back and both loved it. he has been applying for job's in d.c. he was real sick last week, in bed for 2 days, would be taking numerous showers to try to feel better. he said she came home last week 2 times from work late, and when asked why, she got upset and would'nt say. he felt it was strange, that she never called him on his lunch hour to ask how he was feeling. thursday night after work, she told him she was filing for a divorce. my newphew is devasted. he asked her why, i thought we were so happy? she said she has been contemplating this for 1 year. he found out she packed a suitcase between his showers etc. she took her bank statements, personal papers, etc. my newphew's parents had left the previos day for a 2 week vacation. he can not find the contact info they left him, has not been able to contact them. he told him before they left, no need to call him, just have fun. i am his only relative in this area. i arranged an attorney, by the way, his wife took $9,000.00 out of the savings without his knowledge, she left him $9,000.00. his wife hated her job, as well as the female owner. now he found out her attorney is the owners husband. she is staying with a girlfriend and her husband, and the girlfriend is 3 months pregnant. forgot to mention, last year she asked if they could have children? he said because we are just starting our careers, he did not want kids at this time, but that could possibly change down the road. he is devasted, has no idea what the problems is. she has not responded to his calls or letters. the attorney advised him, to stop trying to contact her, he didn't want a stalking situation. this kid has slept 8 hours in roughly 5 days. the attorney called him and said he called the attorney she has and he's on vaca, and will be back monday when he will call him again. the attorney asked him , what do you think of having your parents call her. my newphew asked if i would'nt mind calling her to see what is causing all of this. i know this thread is not trap shooting related, but i am a long time shooter, and i could use some advice. should his parents or myself get involved more than i already am? he has no one else until his parents return and about 7 days. by the way, he asked her if she was leaving do to his not wanting children at this time, and she said no. said we are just growing a part. they just got back from d.c. and they both said they loved it there??
    should i call the wife, or should his parents?
    steve balistreri

steve balistreri

2. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Damn, Smoke. Your problems just go on and on. Are you sure you aren't making up some of these things for a little attention? Anyway, good luck.

Blue

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Other than "being there" for your nephew, stay the heck out of it.

4. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Am I the only one finding the Smoking Senior's drama a bit ...fishy?

I hope his pet hamster is OK.

5. Landshark

Landshark Member

Your nephew should be thankful that she left him the $9000. Most women would have taken all of the cash and split.

She's doing him a favor. He can't see it now, but he will thank Go d and Greyhound that she left. Adios

6. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Steve, I agree with Pat. Let the attorneys work through this. In the end it will be the fastest and most civil way to get rid of that leach. Your nephew is lucky they didn't have kids. It would have cost him a small fortune! Take it from somebody who knows!

Rick Brohmer

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

rick brohmer:
    rick, please email me at sab1172@sbcglobal.net.
    thanks,
    steve balistreri

8. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Steve, did you sell Retrotec blower door units at one time?<br>
    You are getting very close to a hit country song with all these stories. I think Boog might be right.

9. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Smoke,hope and pray I am wrong.But somehow I see some smoke.

Didn't you loose your job in the banking field?Then your mother-in-law was bad.Now this.If it was not for bad luck,you would not have any luck.

Well hope everything turns out for the best.

Regards

Bo

10. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Some folks seem to look for trouble and others have it following them around. As we Irish say, I'm sorry for your troubles. Ben

11. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

"Gloom, Dispair and Agony On Me"

12. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I remember his thread where he had been beat by kids, one-armed shooters, wheelchair shooters, maybe even a blind man in shootoffs. This guy definitely has all the bad luck! Oh, and the chopped up 3200 etc! He has lost so many shootoffs that it seems he should have been an All American?! Tom Rhoads

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

A perpetual soap opera.

Don

14. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

Senior Smoke........its possible a nice letter to Ann Landers, and an appearence on Dr, Phil or Maury will vastly help the situation. As stated above I sure am glad you are not related to me. Fred

15. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Up for smokey! I think we need to keep him in the lights! Tom Rhoads

16. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

He'll be happy down the road that she's gone !!!!

17. nipper

nipper TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.