1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Should a dealer disclose mismatched SN's?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

New in box!

Infers it's shipped from the factory that way.

Cut a deal or send it back as not as advertised....

2. sjlga

sjlga Member

No question..YES

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Agree totally with BigM.

Was it a dealer or individual? If dealer, who?

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Kreighoff barrel numbers rarely if ever match the receivers. The forearm hardware does, but not the barrel.

Jb

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I've always understood K 80's to have mismatched barrels and many barrels didn't have any serial #'s

6. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

The numbers should match on a NIB gun! Every K80 or Model 32 that I have owned has matched.Have the dealer make it right or send it back! If not be prepared to take a 20% hit when you sell it!

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Disclose mismatched S/N?? Absolutely!

Don't know about K-Guns but many Perazzi combo guns have sequentially numbered
    barrels. Receiver and fore iron always match on new combos.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I won't mention any names but there are dealers that have put used K-80 barrels on new receivers. New Krieghoff complete guns should have matching numbers!!

9. 800Shotgun.com

800Shotgun.com TS Member

Krieghoff barrels very rarely match the serial number of the receiver... Two at low 8 your are dead wrong AGAIN... the only K-80'sm that we received new from Krieghoff with matching numbers were some custom engraved guns we ordered for clients... most barrels have a number that begins withan A0XXXXX and most new K80 receiver and Forearm irons begin with 10xxxx

Unlike Perazzi or Kolar that are always serial number matched, in Krieghoffs it has no effect on the value...

10. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I had a model 32 San Remo that the serial numbers matched on everything. Now that's the only K gun I ever had. Perazzi's, Brownings and Berettas all match from what I have seen....

11. high 2

high 2 Member

Krieghoff used to have matched numbers all around. Anymore I don't think they do. It wouldn't bother me one bit. Barrels are swaped around so much from gun to gun, what difference would it make. Kurt sells enough Krieghoffs to know for sure. Larry

12. 800Shotgun.com

800Shotgun.com TS Member

let me clarifie that they started the componetized manufacturing about 4 years ago.. so before say 3-4 years ago they typically matched..

13. oleolliedawg

The customer said the barrel fit like crap. That should raise a red flag!!

14. ABH

ABH Member

It doesn't matter if it's a dealer or a private sale. Mis matched SN's should always be disclosed by the seller.

ART H.

15. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

When ordered by dealers, Krieghoffs come from Ottsville, not the factory. Ottsville picks out barrels that are what the dealer has ordered and ships them to the dealer along w/ wood, frame and iron. The wood also is put on the iron and frame that is the wood requested by the dealer. Unlike P guns, I've never seen serial #'s on the wood.

16. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok if the barrel's didn't fit good then I would at least want them to be fitted for no cost to me if i bought a new in the box kind og gun.

Ok I have a cheaper version of a K-80 brand that I have swaped at least 4 sets of barrels with the reciever ok on a couple of barrels had to file some to make the extractor's towork but im talking about single & over and under barrels also.

But if I bought this as a new in the box gun then I would atleast expect it to fit all barrel's I would also had figured they would all have matching serial numbers but after reading the post then I see it makes no difference.

But in your case I would want all barrel's to open and close and eject like they are suppose to even though it looks like Kreighoff don't put much input into making all the guns the same serial number now days ok never owned one so can't really reply in if they should match or not but if I bought a new in the box gun especially if it was a combo gun then I would be very dissapointement if the barrels didn't fit real good and if they did then probably would think as you if the serial numbers didn't match.

17. oleolliedawg

Up to around serial# 15,000 numbers matched. I see they changed that practice and even I wasn't aware. I believe it has something to do with duty charges and complete guns being cheaper if they come in pieces but I'll have to ask the powers if that's correct!!

18. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Ive had many with no numbers at all on the barrels.They should have a perfect fit,Period if sold as new. Jeff

19. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I have never owned a Kreighoff so I don't know the procedure. But I have asked for and received detailed pictures of everything I have purchased over the internet. There should not be any surprises when you do get the hardware. Especially if you paid the list price of a new Krieghoff. If it was sold to you as new then it should be in the condition of all new guns. If it was second hand but "like new" condition, then THAT is a whole new ballpark.

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"The customer said the barrel fit like crap. That should raise a red flag!!"</i>

Bingo. Have it inspected for fit by someone competent to work on it.

It would make me wonder if a customer asked to swap a barrel he wanted onto a receiver he wanted, perhaps to get both wood he wanted with a desired barrel length. And unfortunately the gun that this customer got was thus out of tolerance. Pure speculation, but I'd have it inspected. And if the fit is crap, have an authorized repair center make it good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.