1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shotshell storage

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slayer, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I am in a situation where I may have to load and store all of next aummers shells. we are moving and I won't have a reloading area right away. I have never tried to store reloads for very long, previously. If I just keep them dry and off of any concrete, will this be good enough? Bill

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Bill..... No problem. I store mine on an old White Flyer pallet in the garage. I have stored reloads for many years like that, and they all work fine when it's their turn.... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I stopped shooting the second time when I was around mid 20's and the first time at about 16 years old. I got back into shooting at about 47 years of age and "All" my reloads from my mid 20's (over 20 years old) and 16 years (30 years old) of age all worked perfectly. Just keep em dry and off the floor is a good idea in case of water pipes bursting or leak in roof and all will be fine. Don't hurt yourself in the move. break em all Jeff

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A good solution to keeping the shells dry is to bulk pack them in 5 gallon plastic buckets with gasketed lids. You can get about 500 rounds into a bucket and they will stay dry and fresh for a very long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.