1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotshell Reloading Components

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by 1dudley, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1dudley

1dudley Member

0   0   0

Taking vacation to Wisconsin shortly and need to restock reload components. Wondering about Midwestern Shooters Supply in Lomira, WI. Have any of you purchased components from them and how do they compare with Gamaliel's in southern Ky or your favorite? Where are the best places to re-stock? Am currently in SC and will travel highways 26, 40, 75, 64, 65, 294, and 41.

Doug

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

You need to go to Recobs in GreenBay, best prices and very good people to work with. I used to buy at Gamaliels until I found Recob's Target Shop

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Doug: I lived in that area most of my life. I know the owner of Midwestern. Lee Schmidt is a good guy and his prices are very competitive. (Probably much better than Gamaliel's). It is located at the Junction of 41 and state Hwy 67 in Lomira. They have a nice establishment and a good supply of reloading components. If you are on 41, try and visit the new Cabela's. (About 20 miles South of Lomira; just off 41). Very nice place to visit and see the displays. However, you won't be interested in the prices. Very, very high. Anyway, you can't go wrong with Midwestern. Ed

4. esoxhunter

0   0   0

Recob's is not located in Green Bay. (Unless they recently bought something up there). They are located in Prairie du Sac. (Southwest of Wisconsin Dells). Recob's prices are about the same as Midwestern Some of their components are even a little higher. Ed

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Ed: He'll also be in the area of MEC-Mayville Engineering in Mayville, WI. I see that MEC has a new facility west of Fond du Lac. Do you happen to know what they do there?

6. esoxhunter

0   0   0

Dave: As I now live in Arkansas, I only visit Wisconsin in the summer months. I am not aware that MEC has expanded its operations beyond Mayville. I do know that MEC had never in the past competed in the component market. To me it would make little sense for them to enter into the retail sales market. Be that reloaders or components. That would surely upset their retail dealers. Ed

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

I agree with you Ed but MEC reloaders was a small part of their total operation. They also made industrial equipment in years past. I asked about it when I was up there a few years ago but never found out. Nice relatively new facility.

8. esoxhunter

0   0   0

Dave: Years ago I knew many MEC employees and even the President of MEC. (Ted Bachuber). I used to shoot league at the Mayville Gun Club; which prospered from the financial help of MEC and Mr. & Mrs. Bachuber. I gave up shooting for a lot of years and lost contact with most of these people. I do know that part of MEC's business was producing parts for various manufacturing companies. They then added on to their facility in Mayville's industrial park, as business increased. I did not realize that they expanded operations near Fond du Lac though. Ed

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

One of MEC's best products is their scissor lifts. I have used them all, and the MEC is as good or better than any of them.

These were all indoor machines, I don't know if they have outside ones.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reloading components green bay wi