1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotshell prices raised at my Walmart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The Walmart at Bowling Green,OH jumped their prices on Federal shotshells 100 packs by $2.00 Friday. Now $25.00 +.They had no Win. or Rem. 100 packs in stock.
    With many shooters hoarding,they know they can get more money out of them.
    Clyde

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Supply and demand. HMB

3. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

HMB said it.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

They raised the price on 45acp too.

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I would not leave suppliers, manufactuers, and fuel prices out of the equation either, we have been watching prices rise on everything lately and even if fuel prices have been dropping recently, the cost of the fuel at the time of manufacture of a product is figured in it's cost and sell price.

I have noticed shot shell prices creeping up at various stores before the shootings and panic set in.

Besides as many people who berate WalMart on this site,90 percent would not shop there anyway.

6. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

The price of lead is up and munufacturers traditionaly raise prices into a new year sales year.

SM

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rick hit the nail on the head. Lot more in involved then just a store deciding to raise the price. Goes lot deeper then supply and demand. Seeing it in many different products. Going to cost you more to have fun.

Good Shooting

8. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

They raised the Wen Super Target's to $7.99 here in Eastern WA

9. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Printing money devalues our dollar so prices rise. Trust me, it will only get worse as long as our government does not address our addiction to spending more than we have.

10. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Toddy, Yeh,but you get free health care,right.
    Clyde

11. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

lol @ the free healthcare comment.

My Wal Marts have no 12 or 20 ga ammo at all.

.410 and 28 ga. AAs only and less than a flat of each. If you need .380 ACP, .270 Win., or .22WMR, you should have no trouble finding ammo. Outside of those calibers you're hosed if you need ammo.

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<object width="522" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://yourlisten.com/Player.swf?id=16942146"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://yourlisten.com/Player.swf?id=16942146" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="522" height="300" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Once gone they are not reordering....

Jerbear

13. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I stopped into the local Walmart today. Very little ammo left. The story that the counter guy gave was that they not going to be able to order any of the ammo that they wanted any more, but that they were just going to get what the distributor had to send out, divied up evenly among the stores. He seemed to think that they weren't going out of the guns and ammo business. Mark

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I'm told that the small gunshop in my town is just about out of everything and prices on what's left are up---Guess I'll boycott him---OH wait---There's nothing left---Heck---SJB

15. schwabby

schwabby Member

Walmart sets prices at what the market can bear. I bought 3 Federal 4 packs today for $20.97 in Joplin but 17 miles south they are $25.97. By the way. they had over half a pallet stacked in the center aisle.

16. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Ieard Obama raised the Federal Excise Tax on shells and components.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I bought 3 Federal 4 packs today for $20.97 in Joplin but 17 miles south they are $25.97. By the way."

That is because Walmart doesn't set prices at what the market will bear. They set the price at what they paid for them the last time they received them. The same as they do with all the items in the store.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.