1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotshell dismantler?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.R.Buchanan, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Where can I buy a shotshell dismantler. I'm talking about the one that looks like a nutcracker with a razor blade that cuts the end off the shell?

I need like a source I can email or buy on line, as in CA I don't have direct access to many Shotgun related retailers near me.

Randy

2. macgyver

macgyver TS Member

Ballistic Products has the opener and replacement blades. You just need to specify the gauge. http://www.ballisticproducts.com/products.asp?dept=138. The aforementioned link will take ya to the page with the unit and blades. mt

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

See the thread on the bore gauge and case by The Unloader. His sign on name reflects that he makes and sells what you are looking for.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

The Unloader makes a very nice one at a modest price.

Pat Ireland

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The UNLOADER - Gary Bulley 406-961-3311. You will not be disappointed

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

The Unloader.

I bought a half dozen and gave them as Xmas presents to select friends. Everyone loves them.

I used mine to salvage shot/wads/powder from 300 or so shells accumulated over the last 4 years. Worked great.

Don Verna

7. Jason B

Jason B Member

I just used my "Unloader" from Gary about 40 times last night to take apart a bunch of nasty looking shells I have been accumulating in a box. If I had to use a knife to do these I would have just thrown the shells away. But thanks to the Unloader, I was able to save and reuse the shot, most of the wads, powder and primers in just a few minutes.

I actually was thinking while doing it that this simple, inexpensive device is about the greatest invention since the reloader itself.

Two thumbs up for the UNLOADER!

8. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

I have an Unloader and finally dulled the blade. The replacement is a standard single-edge razor blade with the backer removed. It's nice to be able to buy something that does not require special replacement parts. They are well designed and work great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shotshell dismantler