1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotshell Collectors/Question of value

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by snkypete, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snkypete

snkypete Member

A friend brought me a box of very old Peters Victor Trap shells. 12 ga., 2 3/4"
    3 dram, # 8 shot. Shells have a flat crimp with paper seal. Shells are red paper.

Box is blue with a red circle. The box is in fair conditon. I am guessing these are about 1945 vintage. Anyone have any additonal ideas about the history of these shell?

Any collector value?

Richard

2. 3357

3357 Member

You are more likely to get a response if you post a photo.

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The "flat crimp" is a star crimp and I think the star started in the early 50's. Collector value would be little on a box in only fair condition. Most 1 piece boxes are not in demand. There are exceptions such as the Holiday boxes. Abox such as yours that is full and in nice condition would probably retail in the $20-25 neighborhood. If the box is not full that would hurt the value.

4. snkypete

snkypete Member

Hitapair: Thank you. I appreciate your reply. I was looking for a ballpark
    figure on value. Yes, it is a full box. The box is intact, a little ragged. Shells are all in new condition.

Thanks

Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.