1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shotshell box labels?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I know I can make my own in microsoft word, but thats way too time consuming for me LOL. Anyone have one already setup that they could email me and I could put my info in. if so, please email it to me at kolarskeet@gmail.com

2. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

E-mail me and I will send you mine to see how I label mine and you can change out the data, and i will send you a blank if you want to configure it your own way.

My teacher wife made it up for me. It uses microsoft Word. I will also send the type of label it uses, so everything will match up when you print.

Just change the info and you are all set. Each sheet will make around 45 labels I think.

drop all xxxx's, front and back.

Jeff A.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Doing them in MS Word can't be any easier...

You can do a full sheet in a heartbeat. You can add graphics and even print them in multiple colors.

I have a template if you want it.

Whiz

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I also use the avery 8160 lables,,,,and format from there web site,,,quick and easy,,,I am thinking of adding some grafics to my next batch of labels

5. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I buy stick on labels at walmart and write in the info. I have also been known to use 1 gallong buckets to put shells in and write on the outside of the bucket what they are. It saves space.

Forrest

6. BMC

BMC Member

I use masking tape and a sharpie marker...lol

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

The Avery label web site will give you a free downloadable program that matches all of your labels if you want it. Word is also easy. Saved the labels on my hard drive, print a bunch ahead of time and they are ready when needed.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I only load three different shells. One for singles, one for handicap and the third one for my first shot of doubles. I have some small stick on labels that I cut even smaller. My labels read- 16 , HC , and 1. At the club, I am not interested in what is in the shell, only what the shell should be used for.

Pat Ireland

9. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Computer-generated labels would probably impress people if anyone saw them but me. I find it a lot cheaper to simply buy packs of permanent folder labels at Staples. They are long and wide enough to contain my recipe number, shot weight and wad and primer data on one line and the date of each reload on the other. Dating them makes it easy to identify a specifc batch if I should discover a foul up in the process later on.

Mike

10. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

FlaLagarto,
    One night I wrote flour on my label for shot. I used this box for a Ponderosa shoot. If I did miss, they all excused me. When I won the shoot, they banned the remainder of the box for the night. They all wanted to take a shell home and cut it open. A lot of cheap laughs on a hot summer night. ROFL

11. dennis b

dennis b Member

FlaLagarto, that is funny. Dennis B

12. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I believe that Jerry has been busy counting his winings!

ec90t

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

John,
    If they are all the same except for shot size why waste the ink and time to write "1200fps"?

Labels? I don't need no stinking labels!! (at least for trap loads)

I shoot the AA red shells for practice and the purple GM's for registered; and Mary shoots the green STS shells.

"Featherlight" loads for Cowboy shooting get packed in plastic boxes from Berry Mfg.

For "test" loads I use the stick on labels from Midway and hand write - not enough "volume" to justify anything more sophisticated or less expensive.

KISS principle.

Don

14. IM390

IM390 Member

Magic Marker and a roll of masking tape. If you need two lines, just add another strip. It doesn't get any easier.....

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Flalagarto- Jerry, Was the shoot you set around mis labeled shells the same one that you washed out a Budweiser can and filled it with coke and walked around the club drinking from the can? Or wait, maybe I was the smart alack who did that.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shell box labels

trap shooting labels