1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOTS & ANGLES

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coffee, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffee

coffee Member

When shooting HCP's & ANGLES and also a HIGH GUN 70/30 80/20 etc. where is the BIRD GUN relationship with BIRDS approaching the apex & after when falling and keeping in mind the kind of pattern?? OVER,UNDER or ON. Thanks COFFEE

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

coffee, if you're going to wait that long to shoot (apex or after), you'll miss the target anyway. However, on high POI gun's, the bead/bird relationship on my gun (80/20) from the 27 is just under the target when I release the trigger. I don't lead the target. I cross under the bird and follow through. But, that's me, and everyone is different.

3. coffee

coffee Member

shot410ga.....HCP,s used as an example. Games, when having to take that late shot placement of GUN BIRD relationship on rising or falling birds with again a HIGH GUN. Also with a SLOW shooter do they benifit more or less using a HIGH GUN on climbing targets?? Thanks COFFEE

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

A high POI gun means you can stay under the target rising or falling, just more so when falling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.