1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ShotMaking Videos - Drying & Sifting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootintom, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootintom

shootintom TS Member

I've finally got the videos uploaded on youtube on how I dry and sift my shot. You'll have to cut and paste these links. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xrUrOoaik4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOUHBY7CkXI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUouuByOXo

Tom

2. Labatt50

Labatt50 TS Member

Very neat videos, thanks for posting. Judging by the amount of shot that doesn't make it through the screen, your drippers are dropping true to size.

3. Labatt50

Labatt50 TS Member

Very neat videos, thanks for posting. Judging by the amount of shot that doesn't make it through the screen, your drippers are dropping true to size.

4. Labatt50

Labatt50 TS Member

5. Labatt50

Labatt50 TS Member

6. Labatt50

Labatt50 TS Member

7. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

palosshooter_2008_170438.jpg

Here is another way for drying shot..Drink a few beers and the shot will be dry ..Works great in the summer time..Does size really matter ??.The fan helps if you are in a hurry..The Gazebo is a plus for drying the shot..A little barbecue will help past the time..

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I made a frame out od 2x4's and then put rat wire on it. I then put a heavy towel on top of the screen. Put the works on saw horses and in the sun. I then put the shot on the towel that will take out the water from the shot and the sun does the rest.

9. Quailtail

Quailtail Member

Where do you get one of the seives you are using to sort the shot?

10. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

I don't think the targets will know the diference between the size of the shot..Most reclaimed will vary between 71/2 and #9 shot..Use a magnet to pick up the steel shot so you don't score the barrel. I would not shoot reclamed shot at handicaped yardages..Most of the time I can't tell the difference between the reclamed shot and the stuff from Remington or Lawerence ...
    I am using the last of the 55 gal drum of shot and I will be in the market to buy some more of the reclaimed shot..I wish I would have bought a lot more before the price went way up..Hindsight ???????

11. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I had a electric motor given to me that has a high torque and only turns 7 rpms a min. I found an office screen basket at walmart that holds about 15 pounds of shot and is perfect for holding shot larger that 8's. I rigged the basket on the motor and put the shot in. It screens out about all the rat turds as fine junk while it polishes the 7 1/2 shot. I screen out the larger stuff. Also while the basket is turning I have a small portabe sweeper that I use the exaust to blow the warm air on the basket. T shot is dried, polishe, and sifted in about 10 min.
    Next I took a coffee can I had in the shop and rigged it up to fit on the motor to turn. I then take the screen shot and put in the coffee can and let turn for about 5 min. with a little powdered graphit. Comes out looking like factory shot. I really don't need to do all that its just I got the time and enjoy making pretty shot. Makes th clays smash with dignity you know. Wild Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.