1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotmaking setup pics.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tom-n8ies, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Here are some pics of our shotmaking setup using The Better Shotmaker (Black Max)

Operated by the Durand Sportsman Club Youth competitive shooting team.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3579495780073.118052.1653523076&type=1&l=5ca3273a6f

copy and paste the above link.

Click on each picture for a description.

t

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Looks like a good approach. I have a Better Shot Maker, but have not set it up yet. Your pixs have provided me with a basic approach to do so. What are the specs for the circ pump (name, where to get it)? Are you using full strength Sun detergent, or are you cutting it with water?

3. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

We are using the sun full strength right now, I think I am going to add 2 gal of RV antifreeze so I don't have to worry about freezing.

The pump is a Bell & Gosset pump like would be used for hot water heat system. I just put a gob of RTV where the flange bolts penetrate the ammo can to keep the coolant from leaking around the bolts and a thin scotch brite pad between the flange and the inside of the ammo can to keep anything solid from going through the pump.

I usually use a Grundfoss pump that has 3 selectable speeds, I don't know if that option is needed I just had the B&G in stock so that is what I used.

http://www.pexsupply.com/Grundfos-59896341-UPS15-58FC-3-Speed-Circulator-Pump-1-25-HP-115-volt-4701000-p

t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.