1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotmaking Coolant Suggestions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Hello, just got our shotmaker from Jim Stewart today. It is a heavy unit and well worth the $430...So I opened up the box and here is a purple folder with instructions and such. Originally we planned on just using Low-Tox antifreeze as a coolant, and we were going to just bite the bullet and pay the $11 a gallon (Wal-Mart price) for it. But as I'm reading through the instructions, he lists all of the different water soluble coolants, one of which being Sun liquid laundry detergent; after a quick search on Google, I found that the stuff sells for right around $3.50 for a 125 oz. bottle (1 US gallon = 128 FL. OZ.). So I'm wondering if anyone on here has tried or is using this detergent and how it works. Thanks, Josh.

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

crop oil.
    Joe goldberg

3. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I also noticed he suggested the crop oil concentrate, but looking at that, it's even more expensive yet. Right around $15 a gallon is what I've found so far. Thanks, Josh.

4. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

Ditto what Gun Fitter said. I use the crop oil and pay about half of what you quoted Josh. Also cut it with one third water, which makes it very competitive with all the others. My cooling system uses approx. 6 and a half gallons. For the crop oil try an Ag Chemical supplier.
    Bill

5. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Been using the Low-Tox and it works great -- easy cleanup with water -- 6 Gals. of Low Tox mixed with 16 oz. of Laundry Detergent -- thats it

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Well we just went and bought the low-tox antifreeze. dmm, is there any specific kind of laundry detergent that should be used? Thanks, Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.