1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotmakers FYI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Some tips for making good shot.

Someone suggested Trim 206 for coolant. Well, I bought some and ended up trashing my soap/antifreeze coolant. What a difference. That stuff works great, and no messy cleanup. I just sprayed the shot with some plain water and let it dry, clean as a whistle. Whoever suggested Trim 206, thanks. And it's a whole lot cheaper than anything I've used in the past. It even smells good, and is completely non-greasy.

One more thing, someone suggested keeping the lead level just at the top of the dripper nut to alleviate divots in the shot. That works. You want really good round shot, don't keep your lead level to high.

Making this stuff is an art. And there is no book as to how to do it right.

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

What is Trim 206 and where do you find it??

Jim

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

After reading about it a couple of weeks ago I have been trying to find some. The local NAPA store never heard of it and hasn't found a source yet. Where did you find it? Thanks for your input as I will be going to Savannah Ga today and hope to find some there. Jackie B.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

MSC has it... you will need to cut and paste

http://www1.mscdirect.com/eCommerce/NavigationServlet/Cutting-Grinding-Fluids/_/N-77ecu?cm_re=Category-_-BodyLink-_-Cutting+%26+Grinding+Fluids&Ntk=All_MSC&Ntt=e206&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&rawInput=e206%C2%A2e206

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=trim+e206+coolant&hl=en&sa=G&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&rlz=1I7GGLS_en&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&ei=O1b7TYS2L4b0tgPszOTdBQ&ved=0CC4QrQQ&biw=1259&bih=768" target="_blank">Trim E206 coolant</a>

For HSLDS

<a href="http://www1.mscdirect.com/eCommerce/NavigationServlet/Cutting-Grinding-Fluids/_/N-77ecu?cm_re=Category-_-BodyLink-_-Cutting+%26+Grinding+Fluids&Ntk=All_MSC&Ntt=e206&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&rawInput=e206%C2%A2e206" target="_blank">MSC</a>

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

It was I who suggested it..applause applause..lol.. After trying several different coolants over the years and also running a machine shop for 30 years... I thunk to myself.. what the heck.. if its no good I'll just remelt and drop it again.. waaa laa.. best stuff I have ever tried.. I order mine from MSC in the 5 gallon buckets.. mix until the coolant is blue, drop a few shot, if they are not perfect add a little more coolant..

7. shot410ga

I purchased a gallon from Granger's. I mixed five gallons of water to one quart of Trim 206 That's plenty for my system.

8. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Well crap! Just changed from Crop oil to Antifreeze---15 gal antifreeze!
    WOULD NOT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!!!! LOL

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Do you happen to know the viscosity or Specific Gravity of the mix when you start? How much water do you add back after a run?

Thanks,
    Ajax

10. shot410ga

Ajax, I have an overflow tank for the coolant. So, when I take the shot out of the primary tank I pump it back up to full from the overflow tank. For technical info, just goggle Trim-206. It was suggested 5 gallons of water to one quart of Trim-206, and thats the formula I used.

11. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I had guy try Trim e206. He used warm tap water, 1 quart for 5 gallons, The shot was not round, and some had one big dimple in it. He runs a batch system, 50 lbs at a time, 20mm ammo can, holds approx 8 gallons. He ended giving it to me to try. Did he not put enough coolant in the mixture? I run my coolant through a radiator. 10Tenner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.