1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shotmaker

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shubble72, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Looking to buy or some ideas on what you drip your shot into as far as a
    container? What do you use and where can i buy one?
    Thanks
    Scott

2. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

a 50 or 30 caliber ammo can will work fine, you can find them at military surplus stores, and guns and knife shows etc. They are really easy to find I am sure someone you know has one kicking around.

3. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

You can use a Hoffman electrical enclosure, install an overflow and a drain, fill with brake fluid and you are good to go

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shootman: Please explain what a Hoffman electrical enclosure is and how the overflow and drain plays into the setup.

5. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i use a harbor freight parts washer($80),notch'd on one end ,i use the pump to run my brake fluid through a 10x10in tranny cooler sitting in a cooler full of ice, after running 400 lbs,my coolant temp never changes moore than 10 degrees.my shotmaker sits on a stand that i welded up from a old bed frame,welded nuts to the bottom of the legs to run 4 in carrage bolts through to act as feet/ajusters ,shot maker sits out side of the parts washer,all in all simple set up,mark

6. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Make sure you are going to have a good steady supply of Lead -- it is getting harder and harder to find as the price keeps rising -- everybody is trying to get in on the bandwagon with the price of raw Lead -- I use an old style military metal gas can -- cut out the top at the seam -- left material above the seam at the end and welded a garden style hose bib to the side at the top for over flow -- positioned it so it left the fluid level below the top about 1/4 inch before it would overflow -- and one at the bottom front to drain the coolant -- easily handles 125 pounds of Lead with no problem -- all that I want to make at a time because of the time it takes -- just another idea

7. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.