1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotmaker troubles

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by avidtrapshooter, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

We ran the shotmaker we built today, and thing were going pretty good until 2 drippers in the center at the spot where the BBs 1st hit the ramp they would splat and everything would ball up on the ramp which was coated in chalk. This only happened in the middle the rest of the drippers were running fine. What would cause this? Could the smoke/steam from the coolant be fouling the ramp? Other then that things ran pretty good still needs playing with as our shot was coming out slightly out of round with no tails but was about #7-6 I am thinking more lead in the pot would fix this but I don't know. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
    avid

2. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Run scotchbrite pad over the ramp until it is mirror finish then coat with chaulk, Also are you melting your lead seperate and skimming the junk off the top?

3. richrob

richrob TS Member

Avid- can you email me? I have a few questions about your shotmaker. Thanks, Rich

4. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

Yeah we clean the lead before we put it into the shotmaker. I will definately sit down and polish her up real smooth before I try again. Thanks for the info, I had a feeling that might be part of it.
    Well I decided to pattern the better shot today and I was pretty impressed the pattern was excellent just as good if not better then the patterns with factory shot. It's not quite legal sized shot but will work for practice. I am thinking about just buying some drippers that are drilled smaller then mine from Littleton or Stewart to save me the drill bits and a lot of swearing at the "cheap POS" drill bits. It's somewhat frustrating but it will definately be worth it once I get everything down to the proper size.

richrob - email sent.

5. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

If you use to fine a paper on the lip or the lip has become glazed the soap stone won;t stay on , but I think you will find there are always problem drippers that always want extra attention , either a light tap or a little extra heat from a propane torch ya just gotta keep an eye on em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.