1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shotmaker problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by johnmdvl, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnmdvl

johnmdvl TS Member

I have a littleton shotmaker, and the lead sticks to the lip occassionally. I
    use welder's chalk or soapstone. Is there a better chalk to use ? tks jd.

2. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Try soaping the ladel lip after it gets hot with soap stone

3. joshif

joshif TS Member

You could also have too much lead in the thing making it RUN instead of drip.If it drips and sticks the hot soaping will cure it. If THAT don't work try running a propane torch across the lip to heat it up while it is working. If you have garbage metal it won't run right and you need help from a torch. If the torch works get rid of your metal and get a better batch of metal.Then it will work right without trouble.

4. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i like sidewalk chalk its easy & faster to apply than soap stone and you can coat in 2 passes on the fly,mark

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I found that the least expensive yellow chalk worked best for me. But, in making shot, what works for one may not work for another. Shot making is quite individualistic.

Pat Ireland

6. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

Lightly sand the lip then soapstone it,you gotta get rid of the glaze that forms on the lip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.