1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotmaker hole sizes ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You shotmakers: What size drills do I need to drill shot holes for my Shotmaker? I'm using #8 and 7.5's I'd like to drill some double drippers. Any advice from those of you that have made them. I have a mill and lathe.

2. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

i use #67 & 70's.

3. shot410ga

Is that #67 for 7.5's and #70 for #8's?

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

The size of the drill bits depends on the shotmaker you're running and the voltage.

My Littleton 110volt uses #76 for size 8, but I've seen others with different size drippers making the same size shot. If you have more heat and move the lead through faster, the size varies. I have three 220V units and one 110V and have never use anything bigger than #72. Some people are not real concerned about the size of their shot, because of the shooting they do it really doesn't matter.
    My shot is used by people that compete in registered trap and the size is important.

I've made drippers and they are not easy to do. I buy them whenever I can.

Good luck,
    Ajax

5. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

It also depends on your Lead ... if you use wheel weight the size will run smaller than soft lead ... use high quality drills and lube on the drills ... you ask the question about drill size ... smaller the hole ... smaller the drip ... so you end up with smaller shot ... I have drilled out single dripper's to make them double's ... the drill life is not good even with high quality drills

6. plinker611

plinker611 Member

call jim stewart,he has single hole sets for $30, doubles for$60

7. shot410ga

Drills and bolts are a lot cheaper.

8. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Drills and bolt cheaper? Not sure on that I have my own mill and lathe and I just bought them from James Stewart. It will be bout equal on the headache.

Jerry Lewis

9. plinker611

plinker611 Member

thanks jerry,bits/equipment/furstration/are not cheap,plus the experience from making 1000's of drippers is well worth it,go with jims, 410 ,and take it from the error side of trial& error,mark

10. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

A few years ago i made a few # 7.5, i used a #73 bit, for the shot maker i had it worked fine. I will go take a look to see if i still have any left. Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
hole size for cating lead shot

lead dripper hole size

shot dripper hole size

shot maker dripper hole size
shot maker dripper sizes
wha size hole to make shot
what size hole for shot maker
what size is the hole in a no 3 lead shotmaker