1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotmaker Drippers Clogging

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazzimx15, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzimx15

perazzimx15 Member

Like to have some information on how to keep the drippers on a shotmaker keep from clogging, lead is clean, some of te drippe work and other will not tryed everything

2. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

Sounds like that thier may not be enough heat, are the none working ones on the end, Chuck

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Clean your drippers after every use? Rap the top of the ladle with a spoon once and awhile, don't know why but it works. Ditto on the heat with a propane torch, that helps too.

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Don't forget that a small draft of air will cool off the ladle and the outside drippers may stop, so block the ladle from any drafty conditions.

I suspect zinc.

5. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I have this problem when the ambient temperature gets too cold. In the summer, my machine drips #9 shot like a raped ape. When the colder weather starts to set in, I retire the machine until the springtime temps start getting up above fifty degrees. If the temperature is too cold, the drippers go slow and the shot clumps and comes out too big. I've heard running a torch over the drippers will help the problem, but I just don't have the desire to fight the machine that much. It's easier to make enough shot when the unit is working smoothly and let it sit during the cooler months.

6. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I have this problem when the ambient temperature gets too cold. In the summer, my machine drips #9 shot like a raped ape. When the colder weather starts to set in, I retire the machine until the springtime temps start getting up above fifty degrees. If the temperature is too cold, the drippers go slow and the shot clumps and comes out too big. I've heard running a torch over the drippers will help the problem, but I just don't have the desire to fight the machine that much. It's easier to make enough shot when the unit is working smoothly and let it sit during the cooler months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lead shot drippers clogging