1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotmaker Business Not For Sale

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JWS, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWS

JWS Member

May 3, 2007
    To Whom It May Concern:

As of today, 2/28/2011 I have had several telephone calls telling me that Mr. Burgess of Littleton Shotmaker has announced to them that he is purchasing The Better Shotmaker business.This is nothing more than a bald face lie. The man is delusional and has been dreaming for years about buying me out. It is never going to happen.

Don't worry, you can still buy my machines,drippers,Red Stuff, etc direct from me. My business is NOT FOR SALE, never has been, and will never be to a shyster like Allan Burgess. My customer service will be the same as it has been for the last several years. Whatever you order will be shipped out promptly and you will be satisfied.

James Stewart-shotmaker
  2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

May 11, 2009
    Jamestown New York Area
    Well I would like to say"SHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" I am glad.

I just purchased a James Stewart machine in January. He and his wife were VERY pleasant to deal with! Answered the phone when I called and all questions as well.

When I called Littleton to get a price on thier machine(because unlike James Stewart) the prices are not posted and up front! Littleton also informed me I should hurry up and buy their machine because they were going to raise the price. And that was AFTER they returned my call(that they didnt answer during business hours)

After that phone call I thought about it overnight and bought the Stewart machine, because I know from experiance cast iron heats better and holds heat better. I watched every video on the net I could and I saw guys use a littleton in the outdoors in the cold and they only could use 3 drippers as it couldnt heat it fast enough. I have used My Stewart machine in as cold as 16 degrees F. and it pumped out shot as long as I could hang with the freezin cold!

I also let some of my shot out to buddies at the club 10pds for $10 and I have people asking me if and when I make more they would like to swap money for shot or their lead for shot as well.

It isnt totally an esasy process takes a learning curve but the satisfaction of shooting a shell you made with your own and scores just as good as factory, what a feeling. I also had guys shoot 2 50s out of what I let go.

Jerry Lewis
  3. plinker611

plinker611 Member

Nov 14, 2009
    i just shut down my single ladel black max after a "quick 200lb run"(2 hrs 15 minutes),to see whats happening on the net,boy this burgess guy is just trying to get jim mad.,jim dont let him do it,he's not worth the space in your head,

i rember what kind of turn off littleton left me with when i gave up on them after two weeks of waiting for answers,not a single call back or email.after 4+ years of working with jim,he(or ellen) always answer the phone,and questions. hopefully when jim is done making shotmakers,his boy will take over. if not put me on the list as a buyer.,time to go wash shot,mark jones
  4. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Jan 29, 1998

Does you machine have single or double drippers?

Chris Morris
  5. lumpys600

lumpys600 Member

Jul 29, 2008
    I didn't hear the rumor. If my 2 cents is with anything Mr stewart is simpley the best. I have the pleasure of 2 of his shotmakers in my garage just waiting to make shot and save this family. The man is just a pleasure to talk to when you call for anything you need.Ifyou are thinking of buy a shotmaker. There is only one shotmaker to buy. And that's a better shotmaker from Jim stewart.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.