1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotmaker Burner

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazzimx15, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzimx15

perazzimx15 Member

Have a Littleton shotmaker 6 in. burner and would like to know if a replacement burner from a electric stove could be used.

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Depends on the stove burner. If it's the correct wattage and you have a way to connect it up it should work fine.

As a side note, You could go to an appliance parts store and get the exact replacement part. They are still made by chromalox.

Jim

3. plinker611

plinker611 Member

with the aluminum youll want to be around 1200 watt,my cast iron sterwrt uses a 1500 watt,but im hooked to 220v,find the burnre that uses the loops on wire end,and attach wires with small brass nut&bolt(corrosion helper),also from what ive heard,the wire littleton uses is alot thinner than jim stewart,you may want to upgrade that also,while you have it apart.mark

4. dblell

dblell Member

I replace the burner on a littleton using a small burner fron a electric stove. I found that the wires on the old one were burned and crystalized (sp). I cut the wiring out of the stove and used the bake-a-lite connector fron the store. The stove wiring is high temp and the bake-a-lite connector get the wiring a little fartheer away from the element. If you have the option the stove element should be 220v. Mine works with this combo. I bought my littleton shotmaker on ebay and the prior owner had welded a dam half way across the ladel. This allow the ingots to meld without taking any heat away from the lead going to the drippers. The dame has a small 1/8" hole in it near the top so when the lead is melted in the top half, it drains thru the hole and into the lead going to the drippers. Works fine for me
    DBLELL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lead shot maker burner

what kind of burner does a shot maker have