1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotkam

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by j2jake, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Anyone out there use the Shotkam for training? If so your take on it. Thanks, Jake

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I just bought a camera for this purpose. It was developed for R/C flying. I have been going to mount it on the underside of my big R/C helicopter.

It looks exactly like a vehicle key fob; size, shape, etc. Its quality is terrific and it does video with sound as well.

My plan this coming spring is to also mount it to the underside of a barrel or forearm for the new shooters who shoot on my league teams to help them "see" what they are doing right or wrong.

There is a website on the Internet that shows this camera, and how its development took place. There are several models and clones of this super camera, and you need to be congnizant of this. The one I have is the 808-16 camera, and the important number is the 16. I think for $48-$50 you can get the camera, charge cable, download USB cable, and memory card.

WW

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Thanks Whiz! Jake

5. dewman

dewman Member

jake, i just bought the shotkam clay package .... i will post results when i get it working and test it

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Thanks Dom, I'm sure others would have interest as well. Jake

7. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

I purchased the Shotkam for my son and I to improve our sporting clays game.

It is not cheap however it is a lot less than 4-6 level 2 or 3 instructor lessons.
    It is an excellent, well made product that, once set up for the game and gun type you intend to use and shoot, functions flawlessly in hidef.

We have each recorded more than 500 videos and can review them either at the range or at home.

I have recorded singles, doubles, wobble 1&2 shot, english sporting and a 3 bird shoot. Worked great for all events. Weighs 7 oz.

David the inventor was very helpful and provided great customer service regarding my purchase.

I will be happy to answer any questions or you can go to ShotKam.com

Dan Gill

8. whiz white

Jake: I took the 808-16 out this morning to coffee and left it on, on the table. Came back and its video was absolutely atonishingly great.

It is hard to believe that this littel thing does what it does.

Whiz

9. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Whiz,
    So where does one purchase one of these fifty buck cure all my wrongs wonders? LOL

It would be worth the $50 just to have it for the entertainment value.

Chuck

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-808-16-V2-Lens-D-Car-Key-Chain-Micro-Camera-HD-720P-Pocket-Camcorder-/180942453605?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item2a2102bb65

Chuck,try the above address. Looks like a good deal. Need to construct some type of mount for gun. Wiz, any ideas? Jake

11. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Any chance you guys can post some of your videos on YouTube? I've done it, so if you want to send a file to me, I'll give it a try. Would like to see what this camera produces.

Thanks, Joe

12. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

Joe,
    There are two different cameras discussed on this thread. If you are asking about the one I purchased go to the website above and click on the video tab. There are 20 or 30 duck hunting and clay shooting videos.

I can tell you that what you will see there is the same quality I have gotten on my 500 + videos. On many shots you can see the shot string all the way to the clay. Using the calibrated reticle seeing the shot string isn't necessary
    because the end of the barrel is superimposed throught the entire shot,

The quality and resolution is incredible!

Dan

13. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Removed or no longer available.

14. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Do a search on the following #: item2a2102bb65 . Will take you to it. I just tried it so I know it will work. Jake

15. whiz white

Here's a link to the eBay site that sells the exact camera. Be careful as there are some knock-offs and lesser ones for sale there.

Here is the link. It is a long one so I will also post the acution number and you can do a search on it, if the llink does not work. It's too long to post above for a simple click. Copy the entire link and past that into your browser bar, or go to eBay and search on the link number listed below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DV-DVR-808-Micro-Camera-16-HD-720P-H-264-Camcorder-Growth-Recorder-Charger-/180777341972?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item2a172b5414

Auction number is: 180777341972. This is a Hong Kong sale, and is the same one I got.

Read the ad entirely because you want the one that comes with the micro SD card and all the other items. I see in at the bottom of the auction page.

Here's the eBay listing...

whizwhite_2008_0203294.jpg

16. hopper810

hopper810 Member

How go you attach the camera to the bbl you posted about Jake?

And is their retical like the shotcam one?

The shotcam model looks pretty neat but A little steep price wise for me.

17. joe kuhn

Dan,

I was thinking it would be great if there was a reticle option that was about the size of your pattern. Then if you could line it up at the patterning board with your actual pattern, you could get some useful feedback from the Shotkam using it on the line. Well, it's all there. Here are the reticles:

sights.jpg

And the website says, "The mounting system, and integrated laser, allow the shooter to accurately align the camera reticle with the gun sights." As long as there's an option to align it to the sights I would think we could align it with the actual pattern.

Sounds like something to try.

Thanks!

Joe

18. joe kuhn

Further notes: The closing of the action starts the camera, when when the camera is in sleep mode, and the shot tells the camera to store the video to the memory card. That's pretty neat.

From the website videos it's not clear how to move the camera so it's in line with your bead. However, the video on the fac page talk about the software that will help you do this. This is quite a system.

19. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

Joe,
    The setup proceedure tells you to align your bead with a spot on a wall at about the distance you normally break the target.
    16's and caps would need a different setting.
    Hold that point and turn the laser on and measure the different between your spot on the wall and the laser point,
    It seems to me that if your gun patterns 8 inches high at 35 yards just ad that to the distance between the laser point, your aim point and the 8 inches.
    Enter that value into the software and presto the reticle is then centered in the pattern at the distance you break the target.

My guns all shoot flat so it's not an issue for me.
    Dan

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

What a terrific teaching aid that ShotKam is!! Too bad it isn't a tad easier to change the POI when switching to different barrels though.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
mounting a shotkam
shotcam ebay
shotkam

shotkam ebay

shotkam for sale
shotkam for sale in australia
shotkam for sale on ebay

shotkam gun camera for sale