1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ShotKam -Shot By Shot Video Recorder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Star4Ever, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I just received my new ShotKam. The ShotKam is a HD-TV mini recorder that clamps onto the lower barrel of your shotgun. Once turned on it is always recording to a memory buffer. Upon feeling recoil, it takes about 4 seconds of the buffer Before the recoil and 4 second of the buffer after the recoil (including the audio) and makes a mini HD TV movie. It puts a user chosen reticle over the aim point on the video and then stores all that onto the memory card in the camera. A round of trap then is manifested as 25 individual 8 or 9 second movies... one for each shot taken.

I am charging it up now (it has a battery and can store at least 4 rounds of data)

You then attach the ShotKam to your laptop or PC or MAC via a provided USB cable and then download the movies onto your laptop. You can then play the movies and see and hear the videos and the results. The camera is set up to record in slow motion at 1/4th speed. You can go frame by frame. There is a large choice of reticles and setups.... Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays and Live Bird.

The unit also has a red dot laser to help you adjust the camera reticle to a point about 10 or 15 yards distant.

I just mounted on the Krieghoff KX-6 and am charging the battery. Soon I will be off to the range to try the unit out on a few rounds of 16 yard trap.

I will give a review of how it works upon my return.

if you go to www.shotkam.com you can see various videos.

2. 2labman

2labman Member

I am interested in your results. This looks like something I would like to incorporate into my training.

3. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

I'm taking up Bunker Trap. I've looked into this as a training aid. The problem I see is not getting instant feed-back on the "range" after a hit/miss.....but rather a few hours later at home once the download is complete. This is why I'm leaning toward the DryFire System. It can give me instant feed-back...but does lack recoil and all the things that happen on a real Bunker range.

Cost of either of these two (2) systems is high. But you save a ton of driving and ammunition cost going with the DryFire. Plus, you can shoot it daily in the comfort of your own garage....day or night. Another nice bonus.

4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Well, alas when I got to the gun club this evening it was raining so the Trap Field was not set up, therefore no results.

2labman: the ShotKam would be a wonderful training aid if used in post round analysis with shooters. I plan on using it on my skeet rounds as I really have never done well at skeet. Maybe this will help... especially on the leads...

Aest Boss: I feel the DryFire and the ShotKam are intended for different goals. The ShotKam is used after the round is over, I intend on inputting some verbal notes onto my cell phone recorder after a round.... example... "check station 2, may have been over on the hard right"... (I may be able to do that into the shotkam after the shot is taken... I will try that) .... then when reviewing the ShotKam videos,... I can see what I was doing on the 6th thru 10th shots.

It is not yet a cheap gizmo... but then I burn through about $2500 in lead shot alone each year so when you put that into perspective... well ... not much in the shooting sports is inexpensive when you get down to it.

It was an "early Xmas Present from Me to Me"... haaaa

5. WBD

WBD Member

I bought one a few weeks ago for clays and skeet. Didn't have the battery charged well the first time out, so no video... But traded E-mails w/Dave Stewart at Shot Kam and all good to go now. Tested in the office and will give it a whirl this weekend. Very high quality product. I am impressed and have people at the club lining up to try. I want to get proficient before I loan it out... Besides, for $900.00, the owner does have to have first dibs! W

6. Redbone311

Redbone311 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun shot recorder for shooting

shot kam cost

shotkam cost

shotkam price

shotkam skeet

shotkam software

skeet hit analysis