1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** ShotgunScore.com Daily Update ***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunshoot, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

Hey everyone,

You haven't heard much from me, because I've been working hard under the hood. From now on I hope to have a micro release daily. Here we go:

<ul>
    <li> Now you can access the site from http://shotgunscore.com</li>
    <li> I added a counter of all the broken targets recorded on the site.</li>
    </ul>

That's it for today. See ya tomorrow!

2. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

10/11 update.

<ul>
    <li>Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I added a smarter chart that allows you to zoom in and out in time.</li>
    <li>Some of you have recorded more than 20 scores, so to make it easier to navigate I added pagination.</li>
    </ul>

Become a better shooter. Try ShotgunScore.com

3. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

10/12

<ul>
    <li>Now each sport has its own page, so that you can drill down and analyze your performance individually</li>
    <li>Also you can sort the scores table by date, sport, percentage and practice/shoot fields</li>
    </ul>

Become a better shooter by using ShotgunScore.com.

4. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

10/13
    <ul>
    <li>Time is money. So I didn't want to waste yours with page loading. I improved the performance of the page loading so that when filtering by sport, sorting by column headers or paginating is a quick action, much faster than before. Enjoy!</li>
    </ul>

5. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

10/14 - 10/15

<ul>
    <li>I beefed up the scores table to show all the data, separated in score, equipment, environment, competition and rewards. This way you can better navigate all the data.</li>
    <li>Now sorting is enabled for the majority of the columns.</li>
    </ul>

6. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

10/17 - 10/18
    <ul>
    <li>I added averages: overall, by sport, all time and by year</li>
    <li>You will find this on a separate page called Statistics. More coming...</li>
    </ul>

Become a better shotgun shooter by using ShotgunScore.com. It's Free!

7. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

10/19
    <ul>
    <li>Another installment in the statistics section. Is the shooting environment a factor?</li>
    <li>I added a chart for weather, wind, temperature and time of day. Hopefully they will help you pin point certain causes for poor shooting and motivate you to look for ways to counter these factors.</li>
    </ul>

8. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

10/17 - 10/23

This weeks theme was statistics.
    <ul>
    <li>A table showing your averages: overall, by sport, all time and by year</li>

<li>4 charts for environment factors: weather, wind, temperature, time of day. By analyzing these charts I hope to help you identify some of the factors that lower your scores. For example if you shoot poorly on cloudy days maybe changing lenses might have an effect.</li>

<li>In a future iteration I will add a 200 day simple moving average (SMA). Any suggestions regarding this?</li>
    </ul>

Would other averages, statistics be useful?

This coming week I'll be focusing on the mobile client. There won't be updates at the beginning of the week, hoping to have something usable by the weekend.

9. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

10/24

<ul>
    <li>Fixed a charting error pointed out by one of the users, where the months were shifted by one (ie. instead of October was showing November).</li>
    <li> Researched mobile frameworks. First version of the mobile app will be available through the mobile device's web browser. Future versions will be apps in the App Store or Marketplace</li>
    </ul>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.