1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotguns stolen from parked truck - Article

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Shotguns stolen from parked truck

Manitoba - Canada

Four shotguns and ammunition were stolen from a pickup truck while it was in a Brandon parking lot last night.

Police said the theft occurred between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. in the 1000 block of 18th Street in the Wheat City.

Missing are a Browning two-barrel shotgun (BT99), Ludic single-barrel shotgun, Berretta BT combination barrel shotgun, and Winchester 101 combination barrel shotgun. Also taken were 2,500 Winchester 12-gauge shotgun shells.

The value of the shotguns is estimated to be more than $17,000.

2. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

PROBABLY A COMBO SET BT-99-17k????????????????????????rick zino

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

$17,000 Canadian. $9,000 US.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: $17,000 Canadian. $9,000 US.

Not any more.

Last week $100 Canadian cost me $96 (US) and change.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Inaccuracies in the media?

Oh, heavens to Betsy, No!

The new bunch can't even spell. My daily paper has plenty of errors. I think sometimes they hurry, 'cause it's almost lunch time.

HM

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

It seems clear to me that the story was written by one of the frequent posters on this site.

Pat Ireland

7. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I have to agree with Pat. Did I spell Pat right?

8. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

"I only know what I read in the papers..." - Will Rogers Best Regards, Ed

9. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Sorry to hear about the stealing of your guns ! I hope you had them insured !If not home owners insurance will pay for about 3000 worth and thats all . recorded serial numbers help .Incase they come up to be marketed if your at motel take inside with you ,at home put in storeage for guns dont leave in cars or trucks . Someone knew they were there !

Patrick L kelley

10. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Sorry to hear about the stealing of your guns ! I hope you had them insured !If not home owners insurance will pay for about 3000 worth and thats all . recorded serial numbers help .Incase they come up to be marketed if your at motel take inside with you ,at home put in storeage for guns dont leave in cars or trucks . Someone knew they were there !

Patrick L kelley

11. oletymer

oletymer Member

Only a fool would leave these guns in a parked vehicle. What did you expect would happen?

12. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

So this was in Brandon Manitoba during the Canadian Championships. Too bad because some good friends are attending that shoot. I have been very reluctant to go to the Spring Grand because of the horror stories I have heard about thieves stealing cars and trucks right out of the parking lot of your friendly neighborhood restaurant.

13. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I wonder who reported the breakin and theft of the guns? Surely the guy that owned the guns would have spelled the name of Lujti. One thing I've been told is to not put any type of decal or bumper sticker on the vehicle that one is transporting guns or ammunition in.Also on a truck there is little space to put something that isn't seen thru the window. Better to be cautious than trusting. There are those that would steal from someone who is trusting. Terrible way to learn not to trust the public with something so valuable. Dan

14. canada

canada Member

I am from brandon, and am at the Canadian Trapshoot. I spoke with the guy who this article is about. No guns were stolen.

Not sure what happened, some sort of mix up, but shells, shot, and clothing were stolen. NO GUNS. Someone from brandon really screwed this story up and have yet to fix it.

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Why on earth would you leave 17,000.00 canadian or us $$$ In a pick up in a parking lot down by the river. I dont get it. Im sure some one new this guy and what he had. to unload 2500 rounds of ammo is not a smash and grab event. Someone had to roll up next to it with a car or truck and unload/reload. Thats a 100 cases man! sounds shady.

16. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ahh yeah, to early not enough coffee. when posted. Still thinking like a crook do you grap a roughly 30 pound box of shells or a few guns with handles and straps at 10 to 20 pounds each and screw.

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "Not my favorite news source, but there's a bill in Connecticutt that makes it a crime to not report a gun theft within 72 hours. The bill passed the Senate and is headed for the House."<br>
    <br>
    This is an end run to make sure when anti-gun politicians ban a class of guns, that the owners can't claim "gee, it must have got stolen" when they hide them.

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dahaub:

I wonder who reported the breakin and theft of the guns? Surely the guy that owned the guns would have spelled the name of Lujti.

I have never seen one but have seen some Ljutic's before.

fog

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

That explains allot ... it was Canada and the Canadians have screwed the story up.

Send in the Girl Scout troop from just over the border and they will have this problem and the entire Canadian system fixes before its time to begin dinner in there EZ-Bake ovens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.