1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotguns made in Brazil?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by krieghoffkrusher, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

I stumbled on a BATF report that listed shotgun imports by country and was suprised to see Brazil so high on the list. Italy was first with 210,000 shotguns imported into the U.S. This makes since. So does Turkey with 180,000 but what throws me off is Brazil being third on the list with 151,000. What manufacturer makes there guns in Brazil?

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Stoeger break action guns are made there.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Where was Japan on that list? Thinking of Browning, SKB, Daly, etc, one would think that Japan would be first.

Eric

4. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Mixer, that's the funny thing. Japan's number is listed at 5,500. Now browning also makes their semi-autos in Portugal and that number is listed at 7,600. But that still doesn't add up. 13,100 guns for Browning? I don't think so. It should be 5X times that.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Japanese mfg. typically copies other well established products, maybe in this case they went too far and includes "Made in Italy" markings on shotguns. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

brazilian made shotguns

brazilian shotgun for trap
shotguns made in brazil