1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shotguns/kids/FFA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2llc, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

For a few weeks I posted a notice about an FFA meat shoot in Wallowa Oregon. About 400 people were interested enough to read the notice so I will post a bit of information about the results of that shoot.
    The Wallowa Rod and Gun Club donated the use of the grounds, the traps, the kitchen and the clubhouse. The FFA paid the cost of the birds shot.
    About 125 folks came to the party, kids from age 8 or 9 to 16 started shooting at 9:00am and shot till about 3:00pm. Adults did the same, in the afternoon the kids were paired up with an adult and several of the old farts were taught a bit about shooting. The FFA had a raffle, searved breakfast and lunch and pies and all sorts of things good to eat. The proceeds are going to be used to fund a trip the FFA kids have coming up in the near future....... What a wonderful day it was, folks were shooting, laughing, visiting, eating too much and already planning on doing it again. What a day........... Larry

2. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great time,our local FFA is a great program and our club does all they can to support their shooting program,maybe the last school related programs to support gun safety and shooting related activities we should all give them as much support as possible.Jerry

3. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

I hear that in some areas the 4H organization has trap shooting as an offering.
    Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.