1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun via Postal Service went missing, updated.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Steve W, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here kind of upset thinking about what could have happened in the local Post Office.

My gunsmith sent a shotgun back to me after a free after service from him, using Priority Mail with "Signature required" option.

I tracked it online, the 16 lb package amazingly made it from a very small town in KY to Los Angeles in 48 hours. Scheduled to deliver in Friday. Not bad for $48.00

I missed it by 20 minutes because of a stupid lunch appointment. A nightmare starts.

Went to the P.O. Sat. morning, they couldn't find it.

Call the supervisor Monday morning, he got the information and went on checking, 3 phone calls later, Tuesday 5:00 PM now, they still couldn't find it.

It was scanned by their scanner twice since it got to my local P.O. on Friday, 9:45 AM leaving station, 1:20 PM delivery attempt & notice left. Then it disappeared.

I'm still crossing my fingers, both the supervisor & the postman said they will find it, because it needs my signature to release it.

It's too early to feel sad, but this is not a good way to lose an old MX-8.

2. Steve W

I'm sitting here kind of upset thinking about what could have happened in the local Post Office.

My gunsmith sent a shotgun back to me after a free after service from him, using Priority Mail with "Signature required" option.

I tracked it online, the 16 lb package amazingly made it from a very small town in KY to Los Angeles in 48 hours. Scheduled to deliver in Friday. Not bad for $48.00

I missed it by 20 minutes because of a stupid lunch appointment. A nightmare starts.

Went to the P.O. Sat. morning, they couldn't find it.

Call the supervisor Monday morning, he got the information and went on checking, 3 phone calls later, Tuesday 5:00 PM now, they still couldn't find it.

It was scanned by their scanner twice since it got to my local P.O. on Friday, 9:45 AM leaving station, 1:20 PM delivery attempt & notice left. Then it disappeared.

I'm still crossing my fingers, both the supervisor & the postman said they will find it, because it needs my signature to release it.

It's too early to feel sad, but this is not a good way to lose an old MX-8.

3. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

might have been stolen off the truck by a 3rd party, that is the worst case scenario. I see that all the time, open mail trucks, unguarded packages, in all kinds of crowded places while they attempt deliveries. There is a reason they lost $16 billion last year! good luck

4. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

might have been stolen off the truck by a 3rd party, that is the worst case scenario. I see that all the time, open mail trucks, unguarded packages, in all kinds of crowded places while they attempt deliveries. There is a reason they lost $16 billion last year! good luck

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tell your Postmaster he has 24 hours to find it or you will report it stolen to the BATF. Bulge.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Tell your Postmaster he has 24 hours to find it or you will report it stolen to the BATF. Bulge.

7. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Is that the same BATF that lost track of 2000 assualt rifles on the Mexico Border last year in the Shock and Awe sting opertation?... The rifles that turned up later being used to kill our American Border Patrol Agents... teehee. I'd also call Moe, Larry and Schemp.

8. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Is that the same BATF that lost track of 2000 assualt rifles on the Mexico Border last year in the Shock and Awe sting opertation?... The rifles that turned up later being used to kill our American Border Patrol Agents... teehee. I'd also call Moe, Larry and Schemp.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dont you have to "declare" it is a firearm when you ship via the Post Office?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dont you have to "declare" it is a firearm when you ship via the Post Office?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. Steve W

It was shipped from my gunsmith (FFL) to me, in a take down case. He didn't put his company name on it to avoid un-wanted attractions.

Hope tomorrow will be a better day. :)

12. Steve W

It was shipped from my gunsmith (FFL) to me, in a take down case. He didn't put his company name on it to avoid un-wanted attractions.

Hope tomorrow will be a better day. :)

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Steve. It will show up shortly. this has happened to me twice wiht the USPS. Never with FedEX or UPS

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Steve. It will show up shortly. this has happened to me twice wiht the USPS. Never with FedEX or UPS

15. open choke

open choke TS Member

Good Luck.

I hate hearing stories like this.

I never use USPS for that type of stuff. Fed Ex is the best IMO and UPS is a close 2nd

16. open choke

open choke TS Member

Good Luck.

I hate hearing stories like this.

I never use USPS for that type of stuff. Fed Ex is the best IMO and UPS is a close 2nd

17. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"Tell your Postmaster he has 24 hours to find it or you will report it stolen to the BATF"

BATF won't do squat. There was no illegal transaction involved with the sale or transfer of a firearm nor any illegal production or modification of the firearm. BATF will go tell the OP to contact the Postal Inspectors. In fact, that is what I would do because this incident falls under the jurisdiction of the Postal Inspectors, not BATF.

18. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"Tell your Postmaster he has 24 hours to find it or you will report it stolen to the BATF"

BATF won't do squat. There was no illegal transaction involved with the sale or transfer of a firearm nor any illegal production or modification of the firearm. BATF will go tell the OP to contact the Postal Inspectors. In fact, that is what I would do because this incident falls under the jurisdiction of the Postal Inspectors, not BATF.

19. Barrelbulge(Fl)

servn99, if it is missing can it then be assumed that it was stolen? Stolen gun would involve the BATF.

Gene, I beleive you are right about declaring what it is but, they don't ask you that particular question. I always ship USPS for rifles and shorguns and I always declare what it is and take a copy of the ffl for them to look at or keep. Bulge.

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

servn99, if it is missing can it then be assumed that it was stolen? Stolen gun would involve the BATF.

Gene, I beleive you are right about declaring what it is but, they don't ask you that particular question. I always ship USPS for rifles and shorguns and I always declare what it is and take a copy of the ffl for them to look at or keep. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.