1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun stock eye candy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by revsublime, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Beautiful!

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

John, thats a great looking piece of wood! Post the pics when Dennis works his magic, I'd love seeing how it turns out. Hap

3. k80bav

k80bav Member

If I may ask where did you gentleman buy your blanks? I may be in the market for a nice piece of wood.

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Other side , forearm matches - bad light. Jeff

6. edbon9

edbon9 Member

hey john,

I have a couple of questions for you, can you email me?

thanks,

edgar

p.s. nice wood, tallengr has a blank almost as purty but not quite :)

7. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Dennis is definately the man to see, if you want a stock, that not only looks good,fits good, and is a pleasure to shoot. He has the expertise to fit you right, and has a great selection of imported and domestic blanks to choose from, and his prices are great.

George Olsen

8. 1oz

1oz Member

John thats some of the prettiest looking Black Walnut I've seen in a long time .Anymore where that came from?

9. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

It seems dennis doesnt remember ! Me but I had a gun he made .Used one I resold gun for more than I paid . Now if you like pretty wood ? Go see Tom SMith in BowlingGreen Ohio Only the finest can even compare fitting by the one and only Tom Smith .

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

And, how would one find Tom Smith? Jake

11. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

With no disrespect to our own Gordy, I also have done business with Cecil Fredi in Las Vegas for some stunning CA English. I found him honest, accomodating, easy to work with, and he comes through with what he offers. All in all, another excellent source of stock blanks.

12. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

I haven't used Dennis to make a stock yet but from what I've learned by talking to people who have, I will be using him for my next stock. Everyone has had nothing but good to say. All the stocks I've seen are simply great.

Dennis is also giving back to our sport through his donations at a scale much higher then many other gun makers. Dennis is on his second raffle program to help youth shooting and the clubs that help support the ticket selling. He has also fully donated a new shotgun for the 2008 Minnesota State youth benefit auction. This is the largest single donation we've had by a long ways. I can't say enough about Dennis's work and his generousity.

Mark Zauhar, President Minnesota Trap Shooters Association.

13. kreith

kreith Member

John Malcolm,

I am heading out to see Cecil this weekend. How were his stock blank choices. Since you are having yours done by Dennis, did Dennis have any problems with the blank?

Looking for insight.

Thanks

14. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dux4all, who is going to build your custom stock? Am looking for a custom stock builder. I guess I will go with Wenig. Would like to see your K-80 after the work is done. Thanks, Roy

15. kreith

kreith Member

I just got back from Cecil yesterday and found a great piece of Maple Burl. I have never seen that much wood in one place. Everything was seperated by garages. He asked me what I was looking for then took me to the relevant garage to see. I looked at everything!!! I really didn't want something that everyone else had. This piece was really unique. What a great trip.

I am set up to go see Dennis Devault on the 8th of October. Can't wait to see what this becomes.

Cory

16. kreith

kreith Member

Another Pic of Maple Burl

17. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

cream myrtle stock from cecil fredi cut and finished by dennis devault

18. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

19. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

last one for now Dennis does a great job 100 percent recomended. no felt recoil. beatiful craftsmanship amazing!

20. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Wow John! That is some really incredible wood and the price is unbelievable! I can tell you that with that kind of figure and 100% distribution that it would be graded Exhibition Special Selection Grade at Wenigs. VERY high dollar indeed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.