Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgun stock eye candy

4K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  Dennis DeVault 
#1 ·
Beautiful!

#11 ·
With no disrespect to our own Gordy, I also have done business with Cecil Fredi in Las Vegas for some stunning CA English. I found him honest, accomodating, easy to work with, and he comes through with what he offers. All in all, another excellent source of stock blanks.

#12 ·
I haven't used Dennis to make a stock yet but from what I've learned by talking to people who have, I will be using him for my next stock. Everyone has had nothing but good to say. All the stocks I've seen are simply great.

Dennis is also giving back to our sport through his donations at a scale much higher then many other gun makers. Dennis is on his second raffle program to help youth shooting and the clubs that help support the ticket selling. He has also fully donated a new shotgun for the 2008 Minnesota State youth benefit auction. This is the largest single donation we've had by a long ways. I can't say enough about Dennis's work and his generousity.

Mark Zauhar, President Minnesota Trap Shooters Association.

#15 ·
I just got back from Cecil yesterday and found a great piece of Maple Burl. I have never seen that much wood in one place. Everything was seperated by garages. He asked me what I was looking for then took me to the relevant garage to see. I looked at everything!!! I really didn't want something that everyone else had. This piece was really unique. What a great trip.

I am set up to go see Dennis Devault on the 8th of October. Can't wait to see what this becomes.

Cory

#26 ·
Sky Buster,

The answer to that question is yes. The fancy wood is not the trick it is the fitting process that makes the averages go up. For the wood why put on ugly when for a few dollars more you can have beautiful. Just a thought. When folks come into my shop the wood is always chosen by the customer, we never twist someone's arm to buy an expansive piece of wood, if anything we go out of our way to save a customer money by directing them to wood suppliers where they can buy the wood themselves. Wood ranges from $600.00 to $ 5,000.00 and anywhere in-between depending on your taste. Just a thought!

Dennis DeVault

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.