1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun Sports Magazine

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by michmoe, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Yep,My feelings exactly.My fears were realized when I heard that a non-trapshooter was taking over the helm.Not very much bang for the buck.

2. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

Same here, used to be a good magazine, no renewals for me either.....

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Dumped my subscription last year for the same reasons. I miss Ed's articles, but that's about all.

Curt

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I was a subscriber from day one. When my subscrip ran out last year I didn't renew for the reasons above stated. May try the new mag that has been posted on here.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The magazine has become nothing but a paid advertisement for one specific dealer of shotgun acessaries. When they recommended one of the worst gunsmiths in the U.S. for trigger work, they lost the trap shooters. IMHO.

Phil Berkowitz

6. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

Ditto, been taking it for years, no more............

Cheers,

George

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Are you listening Johnny Cantu???

8. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Roger that jarhead, and Kemmerly's triggers reputation preceeds itself. They lost me also.

Fred - Going to Saegertown?

9. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Fred....Please renew your subscription so I can continue to have the issues after you are done with them.........Thank you.........Uncle Sam

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

U. S. Marine Retired

"my subscription expires in July 09 I will not renew, in fact the renewal slip came the other day, it went in the deep six. So sad, I was a subscriber for more than ten years"

I would like to make a suggestion instead of deep sixing the renewal slip. Write your feeling on the slip and return it if all of those that have written here to agree with what are saying you might get lucky. By saving a good publication from going somewhere it doesn't have to go.

Explaining how you feel here won't have as much effect as telling the publisher why he is getting no more of your money. After all the title of the Magazine is SHOTGUN sports to me that means all shotgun sports not just sporting.

Any way just a suggestion BTW if you don't send it they might never know why their circulation is down the tubes.

Bob Lawless

11. IMR 7625

IMR 7625 Member

LAST YEAR WAS MY LAST

12. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

The last issue I received was less than 1/8" thick and 80% of that was advertisement. Last year I chose not to renew, then was given this "deal" of $30 for a years subscription. Unfortunately I sent them my money. When this subscription runs out; it is over. Ed

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Originated as "Shooting Trap" magazine, later "Shotgun Sports". When the Grand American moved out of Vandalia I no longer subscribed to the magazine as it seemed to be getting away from the original format. I've saved my older magazines and scanned the good stuff to my computer. Darrell

14. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Like others in this thread - I too will not renew ---- but I will take the suggestion from Bob Lawless - when my renewal slip gets here I will return it with my thoughts -

15. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

I also let it expire last year. Too many ads and fluff articles.

Jim

16. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I let my subscription expire several years ago not worth the money

17. rd

rd TS Member

They must be feeling the pain - they sent me a complimentary copy last week, and I've never subscribed. I didn't see anything much to interest a trapshooter or hunter.

18. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I've renewed my subscription. I read that for the other Shotgun Sports. This site has 1000 times the knowledge that any magazine will ever publish. No need to buy/subcribe to anything else. I will be giving David money every year as a subsciption to the best and only Trapshooting site. Dave T.

19. WZsembik

WZsembik Member

dropped mine a few years ago as well. Frank Kodl moved on, Zutz passed away, Baker passed, the articles got weaker...perfect storm. Used to really enjoy that magazine. Got to the point I was looking at Averageed's column and the ads...too bad

20. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I read Ave Ed, look who's talking and the adds but I too am gone for the next go around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content