1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun Sports Magazine - Old Copies

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Over-the-Hill, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

I was in an "antique" store with my wife yesterday and found a bundle of old Shotgun Sports magazines. They were dated from 1983 to 1987. Being relatively new to trap shooting (3 years), I thought it might be interesting to read some of the articles so I bought them. After browsing through a few of them I am amazed at how similar they are to the issues and articles that are currently being written. Even some of the prices are about the same. Baker Big Bore barrels cost about the same then as they do now. Labor to thread a barrel for choke tubes, $90. ATA scores and in 1986, PITA Grand Pacific Scores. The only name I recognized was Marvin Simms who was winning then and is still "kickin butt" 20 years later. Just a few of the things but very interesting reading.
    Marion D.

2. mike b.

mike b. Member

Trap magazines are like Golf magazines--subscribe for 3 years and start re-reading them. Techniques don't really change, just the gear (and it only changes for sales potential)!!

3. joe blow

joe blow TS Member

Have copies of Shotgun Sports from about 1980 until last year. Any interest in them?

4. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

I have 27 years of Shot Gun Sports I will sell for $1.00 each I can not research dates other than 80's 90's etc twenty issues $24.00 includes postage.Frank 1 800 441 0568

5. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

Joe Blow,

Drop the "AA" and let me know what you want for them.

Will Gurton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.