1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shotgun smith

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ricks1, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 Active Member

guys iam looking for a shotgun gunsmith have a barrel that needs a bulge rolled out and another that need to change receiver ex on thanks rick

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rick- If you find one who will take the bulge out of a barrel, I would not trust him to do that work or any other work on my shotgun.

Pat Ireland

3. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

what Pat is trying to say if you find a smith who will repair a bulged barrel, then the best then you can do is find a different smith. Once the barrel wall has been displaced enough to see a physical difference the barrel needs to be taken out of service immediatley.

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

You guys feel the same way about a dent? I didn't think there was any issue about dent removal but maybe I'm wrong.

5. ricks1

ricks1 Active Member

guys had a em from another member let me say this a shotgun barrel is NOT a rifle barrel the metal in a shotgun barrel is soft the chamber pressure is only around 10 000 psi a rifle is near 60 000 psi 2 in from the chamber that drops 10 times 2 more and another 10 times i had a bulge rolled out on a browning and it has fired more that 10 000 and no problems if the weakness was a problem then why do fox sterling worth not blow up i have one that the barrels both have bulges at two places best sporting clay gun around will find a guy that can do it i can on a smaller area but dont want to ruin a good pipe cutter thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.