1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun recoil reducer products of today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoodChance, Aug 17, 2013.

1. GoodChance

GoodChance TS Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Looking for some input on current products that are available for the reduction of shotgun recoil reduction. I am currently shooting Trap Big Fifty singles and handicap events on Thursdays and Fridays at my club each week(100 shells each day)in which I use my Citori Special Trap Edition 12 ga, which has o/u 32" bbls that are ported. On it, is a GraCoil recoil reducer that seems to work just fine (gun & GraCoil is thought to be closing in on 25 years of age). Here's the thing though; each week my shoulder gets a little bit more sore and I do not want to have another shoulder surgery like I did back in 2006, if I can help it.
    I recently had a smith install an adjustable comb and a DANUSER hydraulic adjustable recoil reducer that pivots on my back-up gun, a 12 ga White Onyx w/ 30" o/u bbls. I like the end result of the Danuser so much I am considering having one installed to replace the GraCoil on the Citori.; but before I do, I thought I'd float the idea here and see what folks might advise or suggest instead. Thanks in advance for your consideration and input. Chuck Bridenstine
  2. dave-320c

dave-320c Active Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Take a look at the ISIS Recoil Reducer from England.

Very popular with Skeet and some Trap.

They have a trap model for sale.

3. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Prosoft by Simms & similar unit by Dawson Enterprises are the best I've seen in 46 years of shooting. Almost zero felt recoil and the comb does not move during recoil. Pricey at over $3000. but still the best.
  4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Soft Touch is a good system.

5. thunder

thunder Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Dawson Enterprises Stock Lok now has one for $1,995.00. They were selling the heck out of them at the Grand.

I'm with Rey, PFS the most versatile out their and works the best for fit and recoil reduction.
Search tags for this page

hydraulic shotgun recoil reducer

recoil reducers for shotgun

shotgun hydraulic recoil danuser

shotgun reducer

shotgun thread on recoil reducers

trap shotgun recoil reducer