1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun Racks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tonygrz, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Is this what you're looking for - www.gun-racks.com/home

tonygrz

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    One thing I dislike about most shotgun racks at clubs is that they don't make the slot for the barrel deep enough. This can lead to accidents where a fumbled shotgun will knock several others out of their slots.<br>
    <br>
    Many will use a hole saw to put holes in a board, then rip the board lengthways. This makes a half-circle cut, and it's too shallow. Invest the extra time, put the hole just past the edge of the wood, and finish the slot with a hand saw.<br>
    <br>
    The absolute worst racks I ever saw were made from the wavy boards used as supports for corrugated fiberglass roof panels, as used on patios. These are totally worthless. Any clubs using these need to drill holes on either side of the "slots" (if you can call them that) and insert dowels.

3. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Biggest problem I've found with gun racks is it seems like almost all of them are just the right height, so when you go to set your gun on it, your mid-bead hits. Know a guy that set his BT on a rack like that once and knocked his mid-bead off. So I always either take my gun back to my car between practices or just turn the gun side ways, if the slot allows. Josh

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I've found the same the racks from Advance Sign - nice racks, last in inclement weather, but design just caught the beads with my 425, BTs and 90T, so I actually turn the shotgun completely around with the beads facing outward... no problems in the rack.

Jay

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Flalg.: No insult intended but is that supposed to be a gun rack?

Several years ago my gun club's racks were getting old and I took it upon myself to refurbish them. In particular I bought some two inch thick treated lumber for the actual barrel holder. I made them deep enough for an o/u and a couple slots for sxs's. After cutting the slots I treated the wood again and and painted the slots with hot glue. They're still good after several years but require annual treating of the wood.

6. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Fort Sandflat Products has many diffrent styles and wood choices for what you are looking for in the rack you described. Don

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

The rack in the picture was built by Roger Bynum. It holds 4 guns and I need to put something to rest guns on the back of the rack.

We only take it to the shoots the "TEAM" shoots at!

FRedmon

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Flal: Maybe I'm blind but I can't see how it works. What holds the guns? Are you selling these?

9. 5spd

5spd TS Member

FLAL:

Ive done the same style stand, but to seperate the bbls I used Tees on the cross bar and glued another 3" of pipe into them with pipe insulation on the bar for cushioning. In the bottom cross pipe I filled it with lead shot and cork plugged each end for a little more weight on the ground.

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Here's mine. <a href="http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e152/dusty67/?action=view&current=GunRack.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

11. DB3006

DB3006 Member

Go to link above.... Nice plastic rack that holds 8 guns and folds up.

DB3006

12. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

If the rack you made is for your team just wondering why 4 guns and not 5? Nice rack BTW.

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

Someone at my club got a large wooded wire spool used by telephone companies when string new cables. The circular spool is about 5 feet in diameter and weighs around 200 pounds. Slots were cut on the upper lip and about 30 guns will fit nicely into the rack. It will never turn over and several shooting bags will fit on the top. I would like to know who made this for our club, but nobody is talking. It is nice to see things just show up.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.