1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun in the Hand...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Slugo

Slugo Member

OK, so it's not a long-gun!! It is the new S&W Governor that fires 410/45 Colt/45 ACP. Just something that really got my attention and is loads of fun to shoot. I use the gun while hiking and keep it loaded with Federal Premium 000 buckshot. Here it is just above my J-frame Model-442, 38 Special. The Governor is S&W's new Z-frame size...

9423633879_aaf0d72394_c.jpg

2. John 53

John 53 Member

Smith's answer to the judge. That is a good looking hand gun.

John

3. Slugo

Slugo Member

it's my favorite revolver as of now. Shooting 410's is loads of fun. The Taurus is a good gun too and a hell of allot cheaper. But, you only get what you pay for...

4. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

They shoot kinda flat for trap. Work great on skeet

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm waiting to find a used one at a better price. Then take it pest squirrel busting in Eastern Oregon. Might be the ticket for close range squirrels in the sage and scrub brush. We're using shotguns for them in these conditions because they won't hold still long enough for rifles or normal handguns.

I wish S&W had made it in a 3" version, like Taurus. Taurus also offers a 6.5" barrel. Interestingly, the Taurus is built on a medium frame (comparable to a K or L frame) and hold five shells, while the S&W is on a much larger frame and holds six shells. Yet when comparing the 2.5" chamber versions, with the short 2.5" (Taurus) and 2.75" (S&W) barrel versions, the S&W is actually a half ounce lighter. I was expecting it to weigh substantially more because of its size.

It's tempting to send one of these to an SOT for conversion to smoothbore, then file the federal paperwork to transfer it back as an AOW. That would improve patterning.

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have shot alot of rattlesnakes with my Smith, and one pig. They are alot of fun. Haven't tried it on skeet yet.

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

At what Trap or Skeet Range would you be allowed to use this pistol ? Many years ago , a once a year shooter asked me if he could try it shooting trap at our range , I said never . Good for rattlesnakes I`m sure but shooting/hunting squirrels in some states would be illegal .

8. pitchpopper

pitchpopper Active Member

At our range...a fellow last year shot skeet singles from stations one and seven off his knee (sitting) with a j-frame, did surprising well. He is well versed in the area and terrain and was very conscience in this endeavor.

However...as you can imagine...it was frowned upon!