1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun Hull Trimmer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Here is our newest project. Someone here on TS.com asked us to make one for him, and this is what we came out with. I don't know if there is any market for them and am considering producing and selling them. Any interest here? I'm told that a lot of 16 gauge shooters use them because a majority of 16 gauge guns shoot 2 9/16" or 2 1/2". I really see no need to write the program to make these things unless I know there is a market for them. Really just doing some market research.<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    Thanks, Josh.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Josh, you're asking on the wrong site. Go to 16ga.com and you'll find the guys likely to be interested.

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

and over on SGW, the Reloading board.

Bob

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I realize this isn't the number one place to ask about this type of thing, but I figured I'd bring it up and see what the reaction was. I'll have to head over to 16ga.com and shotgunworld.com and see what they think there. Thanks, Josh.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Josh,

There are a number of people that load the 2 1/2" 12 ga. There is a good amount of loading data to support it. I would suspect that it would be people trying to get one more loading out of that badly worn hull. :) If it were priced right, there would be a few shooters interested that I could think of. I know of a couple that cut down 12 ga shells for use in a foreign made shotgun.

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Well then I guess their is a fine line between "priced right" and profitable, LOL. I'll keep asking around. Thanks, Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
12 gauge shell trimmer
hull trimmer
shot gun hull cutter
shotgun hull trimmer

shotgun shell trimmer

shotgun shell trimmer 16 ga
shotshell hull cutter
shotshell trimmer