1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun Hull Recycling by Garrison Green

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GarrisonGreenLLC, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarrisonGreenLLC

GarrisonGreenLLC TS Member

Hello Shooters,

We are have started a program to recycle empty shotgun hulls from all the ranges and clubs across the nation. If you are a shooter, please let your club know to go check out our website and get signed up. It is 100% free to the clubs.

www.garrisongreenllc.com

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT Do you work in California?

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

A list of states you will provide this service in would be helpful. I would be more than happy to spread the word if you are operating in western NY

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It says "all the ranges and clubs across the nation". I would guess that means anywhere and everywhere. Sounds interesting anyway and i could see clubs taking advantage of it. Wonder what the "CATCH" is? You know there is always a "CATCH".

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

From the site

Our goal is to help shooting clubs and ranges across the nation become more environmentally friendly. Garrison Green supplies the collection containers and transportation for the empty hulls, target boxes, and hull cases at no charge to the club or range.

All materials collected are processed and reused for a variety of applications. Clubs and ranges that participate in the program earn rewards including gun racks, benches, banners, and barrels.

PDF

http://www.garrisongreenllc.com/GarrisonGreen.pdf

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

"Garrison Green uses shooting suppliers’ empty backhauls to remove them with whatever frequency you require."

What if you don't have access to something like this? I don't know of any club in my area that this would be a viable option for, so you'd need to get them to GG, or GG would have to come pick them up from you...

7. GarrisonGreenLLC

Our program operates across the Continental 48 States. There is no catch to the program. It costs the club nothing. If anyone would like to speak to me further, please email andrew@garrisongreenllc.com or call 615-630-4590 . We would love to get you signed up.

8. GarrisonGreenLLC

One of the most important aspects of the program is the agreement with White Flyer for transportation. If you receive your targets from White Flyer -- they have agreed to pickup the bulk bags we provide.

Feel free to contact Garrison Green for more information.
    [​IMG]

9. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Who is absorbing the cost.And how is this being paid for. Wild Bill

10. GarrisonGreenLLC

We are handling the costs. There is zero cost to the range.

11. grunt

12. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

You should be getting an application from my club! Thanks for the info!

13. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

I cant believe this one is fadding away that fast. every gun club should look at this.

14. oddlott

oddlott Member

We did the same. Called Monday had the bags Wednesday and filled the first one today.

Pine Valley Gun Club

15. GarrisonGreenLLC

We would like to thank the clubs that have signed up so far. We hope to get many more clubs and ranges signed up in the coming weeks. For anyone traveling to the Shot Show, please stop by the White Flyer booth, and I will be there to discuss our program in more depth.

16. oddlott

oddlott Member

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v237/oddlott/?action=view&current=PV_Bags_of_plastic_001_1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

17. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

so, if i may ask, where do all those hulls go? how is the service paid for? lots of questions come to mind. being im from the east where garabage is a big mafia run organization, im only lead to believe that there must be something going on that isnt being explained. like, are the good hulls gleened and resold to fund the operation? is the metal seperated from the plastic and sold as scrap? is the plastic chopped up and used as filler for things like road surfaces, injection moulding of products overseas where color isnt nessessary?
    case in point that comes to mind is the cardboard queen from china that came here to recycle waste cardboard and made a billion dollar fortune just by offering to haul it away and sent it east.
    if youre doing this to profit from your labor, kudos; but, tell the whole story please. in all due respect, youre convincing clubs to allow you rent space on thier ranges for you to get a product for free....spinning it as helping the environment stay green. clubs pay for dumpsters. you pay nothing. im sure im not making friends posting this, but im not afraid to speak out for those too afraid to speak. granted, clubs cut down thier trash costs by giving you hulls seperated from garabage, making more room for real garbage. but their efforts arent netting them anything except a nice cozy feeling for helping the world.
    all i ask is be up front and honest:
    where do the hulls go?
    how is the operation paid for?
    who pockets the profit?
    thanks.

18. grunt

Good question..

19. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

"so, if i may ask, where do all those hulls go? how is the service paid for? lots of questions come to mind. being im from the east where garabage is a big mafia run organization, im only lead to believe that there must be something going on that isnt being explained. like, are the good hulls gleened and resold to fund the operation? is the metal seperated from the plastic and sold as scrap? is the plastic chopped up and used as filler for things like road surfaces, injection moulding of products overseas where color isnt nessessary? case in point that comes to mind is the cardboard queen from china that came here to recycle waste cardboard and made a billion dollar fortune just by offering to haul it away and sent it east. if youre doing this to profit from your labor, kudos; but, tell the whole story please. in all due respect, youre convincing clubs to allow you rent space on thier ranges for you to get a product for free....spinning it as helping the environment stay green. clubs pay for dumpsters. you pay nothing. im sure im not making friends posting this, but im not afraid to speak out for those too afraid to speak. granted, clubs cut down thier trash costs by giving you hulls seperated from garabage, making more room for real garbage. but their efforts arent netting them anything except a nice cozy feeling for helping the world. all i ask is be up front and honest: where do the hulls go? how is the operation paid for? who pockets the profit? thanks. "

Do you get paid from your recycling company for their service?

20. ctreay

ctreay Member

Pretty good questions from "bobski". Why don't the shell boxes have the recycle symbol/number, for that matter the primer trays also. I took a bunch of primer trays to the recycleing center and asked if they took them, he looked at one and said "no symbol no number,I can't take them".

ctreay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
garrison green hull recycling
garrison green shotgun hull recycling
how to recyvle shotgun hulls

recycle shotgun hulls

recycling shotgun hulls
shotshell hull recycling