1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

shotgun grease.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jayusmc, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayusmc

Jayusmc TS Member

I own a Blaser F-3 unsingle trap. should I stay with grease that comes from Blaser or stay with I.e. Pro-Shot or Stoss? I believe Blasershotguns has silicone in their grease. my question is does all gun grease have a Silicon base? I remember in the Old Corps we used Lubriplate on everything,he'll we even used small Smudge Pots that burned oil so we could apply Eye Black when on the Range. god bless our troops and all trap shooters. I am new at trap but I have made many new friends participating in trap and other disciplines! Thanks to all for yor help!
  2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Several folks on this forum use this including myself.

[​IMG]

Bryan
  3. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I have been told to use WBG - Wheel Bearing Grease

But I don't shoot a Blaser FYI.
  4. 635 G

635 G Active Member

Use super lube--the commercial fisherman use it , for their equipment---your gun hinges have in all reality zero load. Any clean grease will work

Phil Berkowitz
  5. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I will second the Lucus Red "N" Tacky grease. I use it on all bearing surfaces and on my choke tubes.
  6. 221

221 Active Member

Super Lube.....period. Don't be fooled by the designer greases, they're just someones grease in a different container, at 20 times the price.
  7. Jayusmc

Jayusmc TS Member

I own a Blaser F-3 unsingle trap. should I stay with grease that comes from Blaser or stay with I.e. Pro-Shot or Stoss? I believe Blasershotguns has silicone in their grease. my question is does all gun grease have a Silicon base? I remember in the Old Corps we used Lubriplate on everything,he'll we even used small Smudge Pots that burned oil so we could apply Eye Black when on the Range. god bless our troops and all trap shooters. I am new at trap but I have made many new friends participating in trap and other disciplines! Thanks to all for yor help!
  8. Calkidd

Several folks on this forum use this including myself.

[​IMG]

Bryan
  9. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I have been told to use WBG - Wheel Bearing Grease

But I don't shoot a Blaser FYI.
  10. 635 G

635 G Active Member

Use super lube--the commercial fisherman use it , for their equipment---your gun hinges have in all reality zero load. Any clean grease will work

Phil Berkowitz
  11. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I will second the Lucus Red "N" Tacky grease. I use it on all bearing surfaces and on my choke tubes.
  12. 221

221 Active Member

Super Lube.....period. Don't be fooled by the designer greases, they're just someones grease in a different container, at 20 times the price.
  13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm sure 221 and his significant other mrs skeet know all about "super lubes".
  14. Calkidd

What do you consider designer grease?
  15. john g.

john g. Member

Lucas is hard to find around here. I use Farm and Fleets JT 6 wheel barring grease it is red, thick and tacky like Lucas or Stooters Choice Red in the surenge.

John G.
  16. 221

221 Active Member

Designer grease, grease that someone bought from places like JD, McMaster Carr, or tractor supply and repackage it to make a fast buck from trapshooters.
  17. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Mobile 1 or Stp depending on the weather- hotter weather stay with STP or Mobile 1

Cold weather- Mobile 1

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  18. 221

221 Active Member

BTW, mcmaster.com has a pretty easy to understand overview of the many greases that are out there, good reference for those that are interested. Grease is just like motor oil, to the masses, it's all about marketing. To those that understand their individual requirements, it's about the material inside the package.
  19. Calkidd

Since you put it that way Super Lube looks like designer grease. Lucas Oils are a proven company with innovative products. But to each his own and as long as it works and prevent undue wear on bearing surfaces.

Bryan
  20. 221

221 Active Member

calkidd, don't think so

<EM>"SUPER LUBE® HISTORY...

Synco Chemical Corporation is a privately held manufacturing company founded in 1980 in Bohemia, New York. Early on the company pioneered the development of synthetic fiber optic cable filling compounds and supplied all major telecommunication companies around the world as demand for this type of product increased.
    Along the way, Synco improved on its original product and developed Super Lube®, a line of premium synthetic lubricants. Designed for an endless array of applications, Super Lube® synthetic greases and oil lubricants are clean, non-toxic, food-grade lubricants marketed to consumer and industrial customers in over 122 countries around the world."</EM>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.