1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun fitting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lineman1002, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lineman1002

lineman1002 Member

Hello, fellow clay shooters. I have looked through the past threads trying to find a shotgun guru that can help me fit my shotgun. I'm just a novice who loves to shoot, but really would like to improve. I live in the NE corner of Oklahoma and trying to find someone close in OK, KS, or MO that have the time to help a novice to a great gun fit. I would prefer your personal experience with the fitter. Thanks for any help and your time Todd.

2. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

I had Todd Nelson of Country Gentleman fitters do my CG Summit at the Grand. i instantly started shooting way way better. It has to fit for you to hit! He will also give you some great advice about gun mounting sight picture, just little things you may over look. Besides he is very very reasonable.

3. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Greg Hissem is in that area and is a first class person - shooter and gun fitter

Greg Hissem
    1604 E. Sand Pointe Cir.
    Wichita, KS 67216
    316-554-0395 shop

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Todd,

Glad to see that you are starting on the right track! As mentioned above, Todd Nelson (Country Gentleman) is very good. I don't know how far you are from Texas you are, but Ken Rucker of Speedbump Stockworks is in Sadler, Texas. He also has a shop in San Antonio @ the National Shooting Complex. You also mentioned Missouri. If you are interested in a custom stock, Wenig is in Lincoln, MO. I am listing some websites below that may help you.

Take care, Matt Woodson

www.gunfitter.com - Todd Nelson, The Country Gentleman

www.speedbumpstockworks.com - Ken Rucker, Speedbump Stockworks

www.rodscustomstocks.com - Rod Stumbo

www.greghissemstockworks.com - Greg Hissem in Kansas

www.wenig.com - Wenig's in Lincoln, Missouri

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I had my XT looked at at the Bradford shoot. I had shot 3 pattern papers, and Chris looked at those and right away said Oh your shooting to the left and after watching me shoot a round of practice he said You look a lil low on your hits.
    We got out the screwdriver He made a quick adjustment and I went back at it and picked up a couple more birds on my first round. I am waiting to see a bigger difference, but these guys are truely good at what they do and if they watch you and tell you they know what they are talking about.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

NE Oklahoma is a long way from the stock fitters mentioned above but it is very close to Tahlequah OK and Skeets Gun Shop. Skeet can help you, drop by for a visit.

Todd- Is the Crappie fishing in Grand Lake still good?

Pat Ireland

7. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

correction. Todd Nelsons site is not stockfitter.com it is gunfitter.com. Thanks anyway Matt for the referral. I appreciate the effort. Todd

8. lineman1002

lineman1002 Member

Pat, the crappie for me are as elusive as 25 straight. Lol. It's overwhelming for me on all that's out there and who to go with on a budget. I've got champaign taste with sam cola money. Lol. Time to do alittle leg work give skeet a call, but Wichita isn't far from the family so be worth checking with Greg Hissem. Thanks all for your time and input. Todd

9. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I corrected it. My mistake!

Matt Woodson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
country gentleman gun fitting shop
shot gun fitters in mo
shotgun fitting

shotgun fitting for trap shooting

shotgun fitting forum