1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun Discipline ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 2badnw, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

What shotgun discipline produces the overall best shotgun shooter ?

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I hope this is not one of those troll type questions.

Between skeet, trap and sporting; it would have to be sporting for best overall, as they shoot all target presentations and all that goes with it.

As who is the best shooters. The top shooters in all three mentioned would raise to the top in any discipline they choose.

3. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

I agree with you. I would have to include the International disciplines before makeing decision.

4. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

It would be interesting to have an organization that would offer all disciplines of shotgun competition at the same venue.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

ATA produces the best shooters. No question whatever. Who else breaks perfect scores at trap?

If you doubt it, look back at that world series thing last spring. The stars at other things really didn't shoot trap very well at all.

Neil

6. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

If you are refering to the all world shoot in Texas there was no Big Dog from the ata entered. Which makes one wonder if an ata shooter that shoots the perfect score that you have pointed out, competed at other dicsiples, how would they do ?

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: all disciplines of shotgun competition at the same venue

This was done this past spring and Gorge Digweed (Enland) was best overall.

See link...

Another such shoot is scheduled for 2008.

8. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

Good to hear from you, Neil. Yes, I do doubt it and that is why I propose this question directly to you, the president of the ATA. Why were the members of the "All American ATA Trap Team" not represented at the ALL WORLD SHOOT ?

9. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

Jimmy are you insinuating that ATA Trap shooters can't afford to run with the Big Boy's ?

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

And I'll propose this to you 2badwn (really, you aren't jds?) which of any of the people you might want to name has even won, several times, events with more than a thousand or two competitors? That's when it starts getting tough.

Neil

11. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

2badwn no, not jds. And I will propose this to you, quit trying to be "Sherlock Holmes" and answer the question.

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I think its already proved that George Digweed is the best all around shot in the world! Comparing our games best shots is sorta like comparing football to soccer, the comparison stops at the foot. No doubt in my mind if George was to shoot our game he'd excel at that too, probably from the start and be in contention with our best! I'd guess if the top 10 shooters from each game were to shoot all clay games 100 targets each, the sporting clays guys would prevail overall. Hap

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If Digweed is so good at 27 yrd handicap how come he don't come to the Grand and play all the options and run the board? He could walk away with thousands.

14. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Dove Hunting!

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am surprised that shooters who excel at live bird shoots have not been mentioned. Some of the best trap shooters have also been excellent box bird shooters. And, Hap is correct. Comparing participants in different sports makes little sense.

Pat Ireland

16. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

That is why there is an "All World Championship" where you don't have to compare or give opinions. All disciplines are shot with the best from each represented (except ATA). This is what makes it so exciting and fair.

17. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

Irfner, Mx8 and Pat have you ever heard of the 'ALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOT" ? It has already been decided, "George Digweed" won.

18. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"The question can't be answered. It is like, which tasts better, apples or oranges? There is no correct answer. It is all subjective. It depends on how the testing is set up and by whom."

It was subjective until this year, when all the top shooters in each venue were able to compete in a balanced competition with the top shooters from the other venues.
    Not only did the top trap shooters not impact the competition, it appears that they did not choose to participate. That alone speaks volumes.

I would agree with those voting for the sporting shooters. While a top sporting shooter will not outshoot a top trapshooter AT TRAP, he will fare much better at trap(and at skeet) than the trap shooter will fare at sporting (or skeet).

19. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

Don't forget that in the All World Championship the International games are shot.

20. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Which would leave a shooter of American Trap even further in arears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.