1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by start1, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. start1

start1 TS Member

many years ago ( early 1960's) winchester started building and operating shooting ranges primarily skeet and trap. i don't think all that many ranges were built but some were. part of this venture was offering shotshells at the winchester clubs with iron/steel shot instead of lead----iron/steel being much cheaper than lead. winchester could offer a cheaper to make shotshell and a more profitable bottom line for the company. the info offered was the small size steel shot would not have any adverse effect on choke systems on guns of those days. i can believe that the gun club venture was a chance to take in businness that was not profitable enough for big business. from what i have read winchester did extensive research on iron/steel target ammo. the iron/steel shot shells were supposed to be the path to lower cost ammo making clay target shooting available to more of the population ect. the USA makes or has made more ammo than anywhere else on earth by a wide margin. for sure in the early 1960's we were the bullet makers for the world. you know winchester knew that iron/steel target ammo would be a lower cost to manufacture----they said so. so what happened to cheap iron/steel shot for clay target shooting?

2. start1

start1 TS Member

xxxxx