Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shot/Wads/Primers/Powder - good deal?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  az outlaw 
#1 ·
I'm looking at the following - is it a good deal for $250-$275?

6-25 lbs bags of #8 Remington Mag. lead shot
1-8lb Keg of Green Dot powder
5-Boxes (250 each) WAA12 (White) Wads
4-Boxes (250 each) WAA12FL (Red) Wads
1000-Remington STS 209 Primers

I don't use Green Dot Powder - but it may be good for practice rounds .

See less See more
#6 ·
As others have said it's a pretty good deal. Check the wads by bending the petals back and forth as far as you can and see if they are brittle. You shouldn't have any trouble with the Reds, it's normally just the whites. If there is any doubt don't load them. The powder cup will disintegrate upon firing. Contrary to what some may think Green Dot is good from 1090 to 1260 fps, not the most efficient but good.

Good luck,
Ajax

#7 ·
Ajax - thank you I'll check the wads - I can get Claybusters for $7.5 locally per 500 so I'll chuck them if there is ANY doubt.

I have someone interested in the Green Dot ... not sure if selling.

Normally I don't run across good deals .. so I was pretty excited to be "that guy".

#8 ·
If the wads are brittle, the petals will come off in your hand. If they don't they're probably good. Load a box and see.

I have shot Green Dot for many years and it has served me well, from my 1125 singles load to my 1200 Handicap load. I don't think you will be unhappy with it.

Good Luck,
Ajax

#10 ·
Quilldesign, That is a horrible deal, The guy should be ashamed of himself for trying to take advantage of you like that!!!! If you give me his contact info I will get ahold of him and let him know what a cruel human he is for trying to take advantage or you!!!!!!!!!!

We all get lucky once in awhile being in the right place at the right time, CONGRATS on being "that guy" on this deal

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.