1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot/Wads/Primers/Powder - good deal?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by QuillDesign, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuillDesign

QuillDesign Member

I'm looking at the following - is it a good deal for $250-$275?

6-25 lbs bags of #8 Remington Mag. lead shot
    1-8lb Keg of Green Dot powder
    5-Boxes (250 each) WAA12 (White) Wads
    4-Boxes (250 each) WAA12FL (Red) Wads
    1000-Remington STS 209 Primers

I don't use Green Dot Powder - but it may be good for practice rounds .
    quilldesign_2011_15034.jpg

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Duh!!! You better take that deal and run.

3. QuillDesign

QuillDesign Member

Not sure how old the wads are - ie are they still good or can they go bad after time. Everything looks to be in good shape

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its a deal if you threw the wads away. The shot is darn near worth the money in itself. Most have shot at around $40/bag right now. Green Dot is a great powder and runs about $110/8lb right now.

5. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

what state are you in? If your close enough I would be interested in the whole lot. Ray

6. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

As others have said it's a pretty good deal. Check the wads by bending the petals back and forth as far as you can and see if they are brittle. You shouldn't have any trouble with the Reds, it's normally just the whites. If there is any doubt don't load them. The powder cup will disintegrate upon firing. Contrary to what some may think Green Dot is good from 1090 to 1260 fps, not the most efficient but good.

Good luck,
    Ajax

7. QuillDesign

QuillDesign Member

Ajax - thank you I'll check the wads - I can get Claybusters for $7.5 locally per 500 so I'll chuck them if there is ANY doubt.

I have someone interested in the Green Dot ... not sure if selling.

Normally I don't run across good deals .. so I was pretty excited to be "that guy".

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

If the wads are brittle, the petals will come off in your hand. If they don't they're probably good. Load a box and see.

I have shot Green Dot for many years and it has served me well, from my 1125 singles load to my 1200 Handicap load. I don't think you will be unhappy with it.

Good Luck,
    Ajax

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Take the deal an run. Throw the wads in the trash if your concerned, they are cheap.

10. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

Quilldesign, That is a horrible deal, The guy should be ashamed of himself for trying to take advantage of you like that!!!! If you give me his contact info I will get ahold of him and let him know what a cruel human he is for trying to take advantage or you!!!!!!!!!!

We all get lucky once in awhile being in the right place at the right time, CONGRATS on being "that guy" on this deal

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.