1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot under the lights last night

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dverna, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

I installed a Lyman Uni-dot 3mm sight last weekend and went to the Howell GC last night to test it out under the lights.

I shot a 99 with it on the weekend in overcast skies and was happy with it. The 3mm may be a bit large for HC. Not enough targets to know yet.

Last night I was 74/75 until it got dark - then dropped two more.

The "glow" is significantly diminished under the lights. Maybe I need to get used to it.

I see that Lyman sells a "glow stick" that lasts 12 hours It may be a useful accessory for shoot-offs under the lights.

Don Verna

2. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

I feel those type sights make you bead shoot rather than shoot the target.

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Don:
    I purchased something similar and at first I really liked it. Then suddenly I caught myself looking back at the bead while shooting and my scores started to dip lower than they normally are. I took all beads off my gun and one day I started to smoke targets with absolute authority. The next week I shot terrible and I put the normal beads back on my gun. What I liked about your new front site is I normally have trouble seeing my front site when I mount the gun with the normal white bead. It is nice to see the front site with the bead type that you have if you do not look back at it while shooting. If my scores would increase I would put a flashlight taped to my barrel if it would help. Do what it takes to increase your scores.
    Good luck,
    Steve Balistreri

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

should not be focussing on the bead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.