1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot trap in all 50 states

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Harold T. Pack, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harold T. Pack

Harold T. Pack Member

On September 12, 2009, at the Progress 2000 Gun Club in El Cajon, California, accompanied by my wife Candy, I completed a quest. That being to shoot trap in all 50 states.
    During our travels, we met new friends, developed numerous fond memories, and ate delicious regional foods.
    In the northeast, there was a gentleman that practically tore his hat apart trying to remove his Rhode Island state pin so he could give it to us. We visited "The Breakers" and ate fresh lobster in Bar Harbor.
    In the east, at the New Jersey state shoot, Ed Yanchok kindly repaired my firearm. We toured historic Philidelphia and ate crab cakes in Maryland.
    In the south, we met Ellen O'Connor and Jim Stewart. They opened the Top of the Rock Gun Club and held a special shoot just for us. Seeing Lookout Mountain reminded us of our past. Eating authentic Cajun food at D's Restaurant in Jennings, Lousiana was unique and tasty.
    In the west, I shot an 86 in singles at the Rocky Mountain Gun Club in Casper, Wyoming. While next to me, I think his name was Bob Hampton, broke a 99. Before visiting Yellowstone, we met the kind folks at the Logan Gun Club. Then we ate at the Oasis in Manhattan, Montana.
    In the north, I remember shooting a 99 in singles in Fargo and visiting the people at the Rapid City Gun Club. We were awed by the Bad Lands, in both North and South Dakota, and seeing Mount Rushmore. Eating spatzle in Bismark was a new culinary experience.
    In Alaska, we met Mr. and Mrs. Cross at the Birchwood Recreational Shooting Park where Mt. Denali often forms the background. Traveling to Barrow and eating fresh whale blubber was truly memorable.
    In Hawaii, we watched Tom Kushima break a 100 in handicaps from the 25 yard line at the Schofield Rod and Gun Club. While in Hawaii, we were emotionally moved at the Arizona Memorial, flew over volcanoes, and ate home made fresh poi.
    Candy and I have repeatedly said that trapshooters are the best people in the world. It is impossible to name everyone that we have met or describe all of the memories that we have. But, we fondly remember each one. We wish to thank everyone. Thank you for your hospitality, for loaning me your firearms, and for the kindness extended to us.
    We also wish to thank family and friends that made the completion of this quest possible. Mostly, we thank the good Lord for His guidence and devine intervention.
    Keep Your Head Down and Follow Through,
    Harold and Candy Pack

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Well that's pretty cool! How long did it take?

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

COOL....you are blessed.

tony

4. Harold T. Pack

Harold T. Pack Member

I started shooting in 1988, but we got serious about the feat about 6 years ago..

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I talked to Harold and Candy while I was shooting at the Las Vegas Gun Club last week right after he completed this remarkable quest. I think he is maybe the 3rd or 4th person to ever do this.
    Don

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Wow, I still have 37 states to go.....you've had quite a trip!!

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Wow, that makes my 13 state shoots look small. Congrats!!!

8. 100straight

100straight Member

Hmmmm,

Now to break 25 straight in each state......

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

9. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I counted for me!

Arizona, California, Washington, Illinios, Missiouri, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida, Georgia, North & South Carolina, Maryland, Alabama, Texas.

Shot In Okinawa Japan as well.

Ronbo

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Impressive!!!

11. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

I squadded with Harold at the Grand in '08, in one of the 200 target singles events. He shot a AAA 197 score I believe.

This year, on the way to our assigned bank, we drove by you standing behind your green Buick. At least I think it was you. Couldn't stop that day, and didn't see you after that.

Happy for your accomplishments, Harold.

12. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Harold,

Congrats on your awesome feat!

Matt Woodson

13. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Wonderful fun.

14. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

awesome hopefully i will complete 1/4 of this. congrats

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Harold there is a little club in Pike County, Ohio called Yankee Hill have you shot there?

Just Kidding, that was some feat, wish I could travel and do the same thing.

God Bless you and Candy

I understand Yankee Hill needs some wire to restore the electric for the clubhouse and traps, that was stolen recently.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I too, met Harold at Birchwood in AK this year. Consumate gentleman trapshooter with a most charming wife. Congrats Harlod and nice story.

Jack Swanson

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Tennessee, north carolina, south carolina, south dakota, north dakota, iowa,nebraska, coloroado, kansas, new mexico, texas, arizona, nevada, washington, idaho, montana, missouri, illinois & wyoming. I think that is 25 - I am half way there but I am 67 so I doubt I will make it. They were all good memories though.

18. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I think I remember reading about you in T&F at the Hawaii State Shoot,its great to be able to do what you love,,,keep it up,,I have been thinking about trying for all 50 of the STATE Shoots,,,have over 10 % now,,,,maybe by retirement I can do it,14 yrs to go,,,How would you like to join me at a few??? going to Hawaii and California in 2010

19. Harold T. Pack

Harold T. Pack Member

You are correct. It is on page 29 of September's Trap and Field.

20. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Harold where did you shoot in KY and when ok I know it probably wouldn't had been in western ky.

Good job glad you completed the slam.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.